Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Lord Blackadder said:
Hmm, that site is restricted by our IT...just what kind of "race" are you covering there? :eek: ;)

It's a yacht race.

iGary, I am so jealous you are getting to see the Volvo Ocean fleet. Those VO70s are so amazing.

They're coming pretty close to me (on the leg to Rotterdam) but not close enough to see.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
sunfast said:
It's a yacht race.

iGary, I am so jealous you are getting to see the Volvo Ocean fleet. Those VO70s are so amazing.

They're coming pretty close to me (on the leg to Rotterdam) but not close enough to see.

Yeah, it's pretty neat - this is the first year I have press credentials, so I get to go on board, take pics etc. Pretty cool. I'm amazed at how patient the sailors and skippers are. I'd hate to have press in my face all day long. :(

I'll try and post some of that stuff this week. :)

Thanks Yeller! Yeah, that's "one of those shots." It was windy as hell that night and a hard shoot.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
iGary said:
Very cool!

They had the Volvo Extreme 40 catamarans in Baltimore this week, but I was too busy dealing with other stuff *cough cough AppleCare* to go up...

I miss my Hobie from when I was a kid. Great way to get wet and enjoy the water.
I've got some more including a sailboat with a big spinnaker tipping like that too. And that boat was going FAST too. Starting about here are my sailboat pictures.. http://sailbyair.com/photos/antigua1/index2.html

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary said:
Yeah, it's pretty neat - this is the first year I have press credentials, so I get to go on board, take pics etc. Pretty cool. I'm amazed at how patient the sailors and skippers are. I'd hate to have press in my face all day long. :(

I'll try and post some of that stuff this week. :)

Thanks Yeller! Yeah, that's "one of those shots." It was windy as hell that night and a hard shoot.

That is so awesome. Hope you share what you can with us.

Oops, should have read further. My bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.