Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maasj

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2022
Return to Monkey Island: awesome!! That’s been on my wish list and is a quality computer game, not a “mobile game”. Well done, Apple!

swm

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2013
The Secret of Monkey Island. What a classic game, I remember playing it on my Amiga 500. Such a nostalgia trip.
Yes, and that’s why i’m so disappointed with the visuals.
sure, the original had just a handful of pixels to play with why we were juggling with the floppies, buth this remake sort of made fun of the original. a bit disappointing to see johnny bravo as guybrush.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
I even did not use the free trial
There are a couple of decent little games on there. Ridiculous Fishing is a solid iPad game. Word Tower is great and the pinball one is also pretty great if you play it on an iPad and not an iPad as there is too much going on. But yeah, overall it's pretty average.

I wish they'd release Monkey Island with the original Lucasfilm animations as they look much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoneJack

Nahaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Australia
I loved Monkey Island when it came out all those years ago but the new version polygon animation looks horrible

maasj

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2022
Yes, and that’s why i’m so disappointed with the visuals.
sure, the original had just a handful of pixels to play with why we were juggling with the floppies, buth this remake sort of made fun of the original. a bit disappointing to see johnny bravo as guybrush.
Return to Monkey Island isn't a remake, it's a new game!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.