Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Flexbits DOES offer an educational discount of 20%. I got mine that way as I volunteer teach english (here in mexico) at the local grade school which I explained to them and they gave me the discount. Very nice of them.

Do you offer education discounts?
Yes! We offer a 20% educational discount. Contact us with your educational institution's name and your relation to the institution (student, teacher, etc.) and we'll send you a coupon code.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
in the AppStore, it says there is a 20% off launch sale, however the price listed looks to be the full price and not the discounted price (the flexibits site has the same 39.99 price which i assume is the full price).

Also is there no discounted upgrade path for fantastical 1 owners?

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
in the AppStore, it says there is a 20% off launch sale, however the price listed looks to be the full price and not the discounted price (the flexibits site has the same 39.99 price which i assume is the full price).

Also is there no discounted upgrade path for fantastical 1 owners?

That's the discounted price, it's $49.99 full price. No discount for v1 owners either. I'm going back to os x calendar app for now personally.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Way overpriced.

For $20 more than just the new Mac version (add more coin for the iOS versions), I get Office 365 for 5 users (which can use multiple PCs/Macs - including Outlook, plus so much cloud storage I can't use it all. Plus Word. Plus Excel. Plus PowerPoint. Plus OneDrive. Plus OneNote. Cross platform.

Fantastical 2. Stick a fork in it. For me, it's done.

Flexibits, you're asking too much coin.

andrea81

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
Do you agree at $49.99?

I wasn't expecting the price, but yep, I bought it. After some good use I can say that it's totally worth the $40 I spent, and you can always wait for a bundle or something like that if you disagree.

Trik

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2011
Washington, DC
I wasn't expecting the price, but yep, I bought it. After some good use I can say that it's totally worth the $40 I spent, and you can always wait for a bundle or something like that if you disagree.

I am a BusyCal user, the new Fantastical looks nice but I don't like that you can't word wrap events (they all cut off on the month view). And I don't like the lack of weather / High / Low Temps on the days. Otherwise it does look nice. Exchange doesn't seem to work right currently though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.