Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
p679241381-5.jpg

That is a really cool shot!

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Cheers! It's film (hence the lovely scratch marks! I don't take much care when I develop them myself!)

The old chap in the picture is my dad and I am using the 40 year old camera that he used when he was a fashion and ad photographer all that time ago!

I suppose you could say that I was following in his footsteps.

I was trying to get a nice picture of my parents and I think that I succeeded!

It's a shot that has a lot of feeling so congrats. And props to you for working with film. Sadly, I did not enter photography with any seriousness until the digital age. Does your Dad ever get told that he looks a little like one of my favorite comedic actors Gene Wilder? Maybe it's just the profile but I think he kind of does. :)

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
It's a shot that has a lot of feeling so congrats. And props to you for working with film. Sadly, I did not enter photography with any seriousness until the digital age. Does your Dad ever get told that he looks a little like one of my favorite comedic actors Gene Wilder? Maybe it's just the profile but I think he kind of does.

Yep he sure does! When I first watched the original Willy Wonka film I saw the corellation!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.