Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
I've been waiting for this feature for over a decade and it's finally here. No more mousing to the top of the screen to view the time.

Full-screen menu bar​

You have the option to display the menu bar at all times in full screen so you can easily view the app menu and other glanceable information anytime.

Also some other nice changes to multitasking:

Swap out apps in Split View​

Swap out one window for another in Split View. Click the green button for a window, select the option to change windows, and select any of your open windows.

Change a Split View window to full screen​

When you select the option to make a window full screen while in Split View, the window expands to the size of your display and the other window previously in Split View automatically goes full screen as well.

Reactions: Icaras and ErikGrim

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
Yep love that feature.

Full-screen menu bar​

You have the option to display the menu bar at all times in full screen so you can easily view the app menu and other glanceable information anytime.

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
… Soooo it's the same as hiding the dock and maximising
No actually, if you don’t want to hide the dock all the time then this is useful. Like for example when I am in full screen mode now I can see the menu bar but When I leave full screen mode the dock will still be visible but if you hide the dock it won’t be visible even outside of full screen mode.

that’s why this is a useful feature

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
No actually, if you don’t want to hide the dock all the time then this is useful. Like for example when I am in full screen mode now I can see the menu bar but When I leave full screen mode the dock will still be visible but if you hide the dock it won’t be visible even outside of full screen mode.

that’s why this is a useful feature
I mean sure, I can see it as like a quick shortcut, but also, cmd+alt+d hides and reveals the dock. Now that then still requires more to then also maximise and un-maximise the window, so as I said, I can see it as a speed-up thing. But it doesn't feel that new to me I guess

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
I mean sure, I can see it as like a quick shortcut, but also, cmd+alt+d hides and reveals the dock. Now that then still requires more to then also maximise and un-maximise the window, so as I said, I can see it as a speed-up thing. But it doesn't feel that new to me I guess
yah, its a small thing but I wanted it for years lol

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
On displaying the time: I have an iPad Mini 2 running the Alarm Clock App and it displays the time, date, day of week and weather. I hate to see hardware going to waste. I generally don't use full-screen mode but it's nice to know that I can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.