Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouketii

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2003
its still not as bad as the 17" powerbook waiting period. that is, if it really ships in september...

Pete_Hoover

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2003
Late Shipping

Apple is notorious for delayed shipping. Hopefully this wont happen to all of you who ordered a g5. I am still waiting for a rev. B G5(that is just an excuse for me not being able to afford one.)

crazyastro

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2002
Canada
delays...

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble because I am extremely excited about the new G5's.

However.

I had delay after delay after delay on my 17" PowerBook. It was originally scheduled for an "on or before 2/28/2003" ship date. On 2/28 I received an email right around closing time that informed me my order was delayed, and now appeared as "on or before 4/10/2003." My order finally shipped on 4/17/2003, and I received it promptly. I couldn't be happier, however, sometimes I secretly think Apple plans these delays to make the customer desperately want the product even more, making me appreciate its goodness that much more.

I hope the G5's arrive as scheduled. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. ;)

ffakr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2002
Chicago
I've heard from an inside source that the 1.6 and 1.8 will definately be in hands in August... and not the last day of August.
The dual 2Gig might be released slightly afterward (VERY end of August or very early in Sept.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.