Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Sunday I did some shooting and then on Monday went to the annual Memorial Day Parade in the city of Falls Church. Photos all shot with Nikon D200, 18-200mm VR lens.

Scenes from the Parade:

72426270-M.jpg

72427425-M.jpg

72426536-M.jpg

72426514-M.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
iGary said:
attachment.php

This is particularly nice.
Thanks that is really nice of you.

Chip NoVaMac said:
Thanks for sharing. Love the flower images. In particular the second one, thought it seemed too dark for my tastes. So I ran it through CS2 and the Shadow/Highlight tool. Here is what I came up with, hope you don't mind.

Well, print wise, the original is perfect. I like your version nicely on screen, it prints too bright though I think.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
here are my contributions:

all taken at the southend airshow, 29th May 2006. Camera used: my brand new Canon PS S2 IS (5MP).

These are some of my best and most dramatic shots out of about 750 taken over the weekend. i had a fantastic time, and it was the first real test for my camera.

PM me for larger, they make good wallpapers!

:D

typhoon.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0720_2.jpg

S

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Chip NoVaMac said:
Thanks to all that have posted so far. Some really great images of things that interest us. I hope to see more from others in the future.

Agreed. Unfortunately for me, the "Water" theme got cross with this one in that we found that our shed roof had a leak. :( So the "weekend in this life" became learning how to do cedar shake roofing to make the repairs. Once we opened it up, it became obvious that it needed a whole new roof:

cedar_shakes.jpg

FWIW, it might not look like all that much in terms of square footage, but there's a surprising amount of labor that goes into it, as a small roof has a much higher percentage of hidden work (double bottom row, cut top rows, trimmed sides, etc). I'm around 20 man-hours in and still have another 4 to go to finish up doing trim.

-hh

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Over Achiever said:
@pkkrusty: I really like the first two pictures! The first one with the sun through the clouds is very interesting, and the second one with the two people watching on is very nice =)

I loved all three of them, though the first two were the best. Have to check this place out my travels. :)

pkkrusty

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2002
France
I appreciate the compliments. I wish I could have gotten the second shot with the sun in it. That would have been the best of both.

If you haven't ben to Roatan, let me be the first to convince you to visit. Although I'm kind of hesitant, so I can keep it to myself. It's off the coast of Honduras, so it doesn't get the traffic that the more popular carribean islands do. You can tell. Less developed, more friendly, more laid back, cheaper, better scuba diving, all around a great place to spend the holiday. I paid $19/night ($110/night total) for a 6 person little condo right off the beach, paid $15/dive, average $6 for lunch, $12 for dinner, and everything is walking distance, so no need for taxis (except from the airport).

They just started direct flights from Atlanta.

I sound like a travel agent...but it really is a great place.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I had an awesome weekend - didn't take any pictures my self as I was so busy - but several were taken by others so I will submit them if allowed.

I took part in the Royal Ocean Racing Club's North Sea Race, an annual classic from the UK to Holland of approximately 200 miles. Turnout was slightly lower than usual as several Dutch teams were attending the funeral of Hans Horrevoets who died taking part in the Volvo Ocean Race but the were still 80 entrants.

I crewed for a friend on "Mach 1", a modified Dehler 33, as foredeck so I'm the prat you can see hanging off the front of the boat in the pictures.

And so the pics....

02.jpg

The Dutch come haring along the startline

03.jpg

Mach 1

04.jpg

Typically maverick behaviour at the pin end. Yours truly in shot here.

05.jpg

Turn left Brian! (or we'll smack the camera boat....)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.