Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Some really awesome photos here. I felt left out so I took this.

Attachments

• DSCF0141.jpg
    DSCF0141.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 329

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
macgfxdesigner said:
some of my favorite water pictures:

All three are great IMO. Wish they had been shot in the timeframe required for inclusion in the "assignment" thread for this theme.

I would be hard pressed to choose between #1 and #2.

Only time will tell how they may end up comparing to those in the official assignment thread. I think that this early in the assignment thread, the "gallery: water" thread has it beat so far.

Thanks for giving some of us ideas on how to approach this theme. :)

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Different Takes

No, that's not snow... -->its salt crystals. Peru salt mine<--

peru_salt-1(_25_0734).jpg

Camera Shop scan from 35mm print film.

Since I didn't get much on the Sunset theme, here's one over the Neckar River in Heidelberg, Germany:

heidelburg_sunset-9-2004.jpg

Some photographers waiting in the fog, hoping for a good sunrise at Machu Picchu:

mp_foggy-b+w(10_0827).jpg

Camera Shop scan from 35mm print film.

FWIW, the color original of this same image can be seen here.

Finally, far to the North of the main Galapagos islands lie Wolf and Darwin Islands. Neither island has any real place where you can safely land and explore, but Wolf Island does has a cave that can be entered by rubber boat during low tide:

wolf_cave_011206.2-13_a.jpg

Nikon Coolscan of a Sensia ISO 100 slide. Nikonos V w/35mm lens, f/3.5, 1/30sec.

-hh

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
For sailboat fans :)

A drug smuggler's boat, Little Cayman.

Before the Government atttempted to salvage:
sq_grouper-1(2232).jpg

....and after:
square_grouper-small.jpg

Finally, here's a really different take on the "Water" theme:

lc_dry-pond(2384).jpg

-hh

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
MacsomJRR said:
Where is this place and how do I get there???? :)

It's at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park on the Big Sur coast in central California. I actually just got back from a trip there.

Unfortunately, that beach isn't open; you can only view it from the ridge. It looked so good though; if it weren't for all the poison oak growing everywhere, we would have bushwacked our way down there just to bask in all that delicious waterfally goodness.

That coastline is really one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I'll post some pics from my trip this weekend.

iGary - Have you ever taken arial photos of Big Sur?

iFrozen

macrumors newbie
Northern Paddling

A couple water shots taken just before the cut off date for the water challenge . The first demonstrates one of the challenges of early season paddling North of 60! The second is an attempt to catch a drip.

Attachments

• Paddling on Ice 2.jpg
    Paddling on Ice 2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Paddle Drip.jpg
    Paddle Drip.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 124

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
somewhat older photo. At the time, partially due to technological limitations/partially aesthetics - I would always shoot in B&W. Hope you like.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 116

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
These two taken aboard a boat in the middle of the Red Sea at virtually the same moment, one off the port side, the other from starboard. Sorry about the bad quality. They were originally taken on film, then scanned in. I love the colour of the sky in the second one, but it doesn't quite come out here.

Scan 1.jpeg
Scan 2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.