Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhd2100

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Using my drivers stops any throttling with the Radeon Pro series in the 2016 from happening because I made ULPS disabled by default (ultra-low power states) which causes premature throttling in laptop graphics cards.

Clint_Barton

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2016
Using my drivers stops any throttling with the Radeon Pro series in the 2016 from happening because I made ULPS disabled by default (ultra-low power states) which causes premature throttling in laptop graphics cards.
Any updates on the streaming/recording in ReLive or is it still broken?

mhd2100

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Still broken by the looks of it. Even though the update to 16.12.2 was supposed to fix it.

gee4vee

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
CA
The page lists driver version 16.5 but in my Radeon control panel I see driver version 16.6 for my tMBP with the 460. So are the folks at bootcampdrivers.com not caught up yet?

I have also been getting the WattMan crash so was hoping newer drivers fix this. But it seems Boot Camp already has something newer?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at software version. The packaging version is 16.4.2501, which is older. I'll try the newer one from bootcampdrivers.com.

Clint_Barton

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2016
hello all, i was wondering which fan is for the cpu and which fan is for the gpu. i use macsfancontrol and would like to assign them appropriately. thanks

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
hello all, i was wondering which fan is for the cpu and which fan is for the gpu. i use macsfancontrol and would like to assign them appropriately. thanks
I believe they both share the same heatpipe.
That pipe draws heat from both the CPU and GPU, so I think you need both fans working together if you want efficient cooling.
-so setting one fan to max won't help as well as setting both to full throttle.

mhd2100

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
No idea if it works on Windows 8.1. In fact W8.1 is a major pain in terms of getting AMD drivers working properly. As a result, the next driver release will be the last to support Windows 8.1. I will be focusing on Windows 10 and Windows 7 packages only - there is no longer a valid reason to use 8.1 as opposed to 10, especially for gaming.

Qwe9203

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
No idea if it works on Windows 8.1. In fact W8.1 is a major pain in terms of getting AMD drivers working properly. As a result, the next driver release will be the last to support Windows 8.1. I will be focusing on Windows 10 and Windows 7 packages only - there is no longer a valid reason to use 8.1 as opposed to 10, especially for gaming.

But newer MacBook Pros only support Win 8 and Win 10. It looks like they are available to be downloaded from AMD Site for Win 8.

mhd2100

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Yes but mapping the drivers to the cards in Windows 8.1 produces very erratic results for M395 and M395X, despite using the same code in Windows 10 working great. So it seems that Windows 8.1 stability for the modified drivers is not good in general.
[doublepost=1483052549][/doublepost]my current drivers do have the Radeon Pro 400 series mapped correctly in the windows 8.1 package. but hardly anyone actually uses it so I have no idea if it works or not (90% of my traffic is from users of Windows 10)
[doublepost=1483052622][/doublepost]and yes I know the newest Macs dont support W7 but some older generations of cards do support them and for some people there is a genuine reason for them sticking to W7.

Patrick-Photo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
Somehow my fresh W10 64bit installation can't install the AMD ReLive package, the drivers are installed but Relive installation crashes :(

mhd2100

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Somehow my fresh W10 64bit installation can't install the AMD ReLive package, the drivers are installed but Relive installation crashes :(
Yes this does happen for some people. Try installing the drivers without installing relive first, then if you open the crimson software after restart you can install from within the relive tab instead.

wmk

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2014
In case anyone's interested, latest Crimson ReLive 17.3.1 driver finally allows the games to be recorded. Tested successfully on MBP2016 with Radeon Pro 455. It looks that it doesn't have any impact on the performance, similarly to Nvidia ShadowPlay.

Thanks again, Mat @ bootcampdrivers.com

wmk/mks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.