Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torontomax

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2021
From their TOS

Code:
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:

Identifiers:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name

cool story bruh.

cdsapplefan

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2023
This App will be shut down and removed by Apple if it truly tracks you or doesn’t give the option to opt out of tracking

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
Almost every retro gamer on YouTube is a 50 year old man trying to capture some moment of his youth and get likes from other 50 year old men.

It's really tough for kids to get into old games. Most of them won't even watch an old black and white movie. If they take a retro handheld console to school the other kids laugh at them and call them poor for not having a Switch or PS5.
Might be a stretch to be considered “poor” for not having a Switch or PS5. I understand that kids outside of Gen X and Milennials possibly won’t enjoy these old titles since they didn’t grow up with them.

I especially understand the straightforward ability of turning on a console and just playing the games.

Reactions: amartinez1660

craigmak

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2017
I need an emulator for NCAA Football 99 and also 2000. If anyone has links it’s much appreciated.

toobravetosave

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
Why are people against emulators and rOmS? As if I would harm someone by playing 20yrs games (I am even not able to buy anymore) on my phone

this is the funniest part you literally cannot purchase these games from a company just collector investors driving up secondary market prices

they just parrot corporate pr notions of theft and invoke intellectual property laws as if they’re god given rights to ideas and not legal fictions

aloysiusfreeman

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
I’m really looking forward a PS2 emulator. That’s the generation I enjoyed the most! And I’m pretty sure that with the power of M4 it could be possible to even enhance the resolution or even upscale textures of the games.
unfortunately anything from the PS2 era and newer will not be available as an emulator for the time being. All those emulators will require JIT to run at an acceptable performance, and Apple does not allow JIT in any app store apps.

Reactions: Populus

truthsteve

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2023
mmm and what changed do you think that suddenly resulted in emulators being available in america
mmmm the same reason when apple reduced 30% to 15% fee for subscriptions and opened it for all app categories back in 2016

• Haha
Reactions: toobravetosave

Will Co

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2021
United Kingdom
So instead of a 50 year old trying to recapture a moment of his youth you are a 30 something year old trying to recapture a moment of his youth.

That's fine. But just admit it. When I play an old game or watch an old movie I don't delude myself to believe that's what kids want. They should experience it but they always want what other kids have. New stuff.

Why does it have to be "what kids want". I don't understand your insistance on this point.

It's just an app. Some people will try it and like it. Others not so much. Like every other app. Young or old, male or female. Whatever?

Edit:typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Nermal

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
Anyone knows if Delta is going to ba available on other App stores worldwide?

macgeek727

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
My backbone controller makes it crash and quit instantly the moment i press a button
I was just about to say the same thing. haha. Yep, just tested if the backbone would work on there and crashes the app right away. Hope they fix this sooner then later.

stinksroundhere

macrumors regular
May 10, 2024
Minecraft has worse graphics than most ps1 games.

Stretching the truth there. It even has raytracing now.

If any of you so called retro fans really do support retro gaming and game developers you would be creating a movement to demand that Sony and Nintendo publish their entire back catalogue on their new systems via disc or download, legally.

The Xbox does exactly that with the Series X. Sony did that with the PS3, but then stopped due to major architecture change that made is impossible to emulate the PS3...until now.

Sony and Nintendo do have a service with some of their back catalogue but very limited. But I doubt the fake retro fans would support them. They should just fess up. They want to play roms for five minutes and feel empowered in a shallow way. There's nothing empowering about piracy. When the little guy says it is OK to steal then they are giving the big guy permission to steal also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.