Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daverich4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2020
I'm having a problem playing videos shot with my iPhone 12 on my M1 Studio Ultra that I haven't noticed before. The phone is on IOS 17.0.3 and my Ultra has 64 GB of Ram and is on macOS 13.6. The videos play smoothly on my phone and iPad but stutter on my Mac. It's that way whether I view them in Photos, Preview or DaVinci Resolve. I've transferred them to the Mac via Photos, Email & AirDrop and made sure they they were H.264. I've also tried sizing them to a lower resolution. No luck in solving the problem. Can someone suggest a next step to take? Thanks.

yellowbunny

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I've tested 4K videos from my 13 and they playback perfectly fine on M1 Max Studio. Sounds like there is an issue on your OS maybe?

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I was just thinking, perhaps, that the new iOS or newer phones record in HDR and MacOS may not deal with it smoothly... I believe there is a setting that turns off HDR. Dunno, just an idea worth every penny you paid for it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.