Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
It's almost time!

Importantly, will Google finally update the Translate app icon? 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_084344_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_084344_One UI Home.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: dumastudetto

jb310

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2017
If Google was willing to announce the Pixel 8A a week early, I hope that means they have lots of genuinely interesting things lined up for this event. 👀

Reactions: drinkingtea

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Isn't everyone?
Yeah, but Google took it to a whole new level with this event. Even though Apple is expected to announce some AI features… I highly doubt they go overboard with it.

With each AI announcement from Google.. it resulted in short and weak applauses.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

jimimac71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2019
California
Yeah, but Google took it to a whole new level with this event. Even though Apple is expected to announce some AI features… I highly doubt they go overboard with it.

With each AI announcement from Google.. it resulted in short and weak applauses.
I suspect the King of overboard would be Microsoft.
Today is my first day with Linux Mint and I don't miss Windows 10 for a second.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
With this I/O, Google is now running circles around Microsoft AI-wise.

Carrotstick

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2024
In terms of actual AI in consumer products, Google is ahead of Microsoft. Android, gmail etc all have AI.

Windows is just not the place for AI. Heck, even OpenAI released their app on macOS first.

Reactions: drinkingtea

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I really didn't see much info about Android 15. What are the main features? All news where AI.

Carrotstick

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2024
What do you mean by that? Google announced the same thing as GPT-4o with Project Saga (and Gemini live)
OpenAI’s model is rolling out now and people can use it this month.

Google’s version isn’t releasing any time soon.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i'm going to have to get a degree just to figure out how to use all this AI....
This editor did it so we dont havw to. Yet i felt the exact samw during the I/O stream. Comolete shot show over "ai" techno-babble that made Google swem like a shunned kid at the playground whwn it pretty much owned the whole thing all the otger kids are playing on! Y did google feel tge nwed to try so hard?! Maybe it needs the marketing dollars to pay for the R&D and thus mentions the varuous LLMs etc so people will search enough timea for it lol.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Agreed, Google just went nutso over these 2 letters, just like the doom of 1999 for co.outers and every party NYE of that year playing Prince's track. Exhausting!

Microsoft wont spend 3/4 of their summer announcement tomorrow (May 20th) talking JUST about CoPilot/AI i can assure you that!

Yet im with you about CoPilot pressure into Windows (11) and evwn a stupid buttoj on new laptops. Correct me if im wrong but didnt microsoft try this manufacturer button mandate before?!!!

they at least have the class to keep pace woth theie othwr products and services. I expect to hear more about their SoC xevelopments and installations, ans how that may affwct future nVidia partnership.
Yeah in terms of words and various names for their LLm's since thwy cannot swwm to focus!

2yrs almoat and ONLY now - first currently to the usa only their web search has finally cuaght up to Microsoft's in how to search and various ways the results show up - literaey exactly the samw lol.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I am no longer paying any attention to these big corporate AI projects due to the nanny like state of it censoring etc. Real shame because seems like it could be incredible. Is there any user friendly ai that isn't biased? Specifically ai image generators

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.