Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
When I got the first iPad forever ago it just seemed like the battery lasted forever. Of course it didn’t but battery life is what has moved me back to my MacBook Pro. There is no doubt what I do in a daily basis could be done on the iPadPro and the M4 just makes it faster with a screen that I am told is better. For me I really don’t see the difference TODAY with the M4 13 over my M1. I will likely keep it in hopes of what will come. I’m not disappointed the display its great, speed great, new magic keyboard what it should have been all along. IMHO what they should have addressed in the battery. To use the iPad as a daily driver for me 12-14 hours of display time it has to stay on battery too much. My MacBook Pro shines with the battery life. I can get 2 days out of it easily. Today I am at 4 hours and 30 minutes of screen time at 75% brightness And at 46% battery. I’d just like to see it really be much more Apple add weight and battery does Pro have to mean more portable?

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
My 11” M4 battery seems so much better and I think it charges way faster. But my 12.9 is really heavy used.
Then again, I would love to see a 15-20 hour battery life on my iPad. Can’t deny that.

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Been using my 13” in a mix of day (bright room with 80-100% brightness) and evenings and been getting an 100% equivalent screen on time of around 11-13 hours. Always in the magic keyboard as well which should suck some extra energy.

I am very happy with the battery life given how bright the display has been getting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.