Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
Was stalking Reddit today and noticed that Google has been busy pushing the new Android ad campaign.

1714997483234.png

Do they really think image search on AI steroids is the “next big thing”?

I mean, they even made a whole landing page (android.ai) with “switch from ios” link just to lure iOS users.

Do they really think people buy new smartphones just to use Google’s cloud services, available from any OS and browser?

But yeah, ok. Lets just forget for a sec that Google has to make business out of user data. The ads! Those are disastrous. Here is a screenshot from Reddit:

1714998008955.jpeg

As someone who worked in this industry for quite some time I honestly don’t know how Google approved this, their social media boys and gals don’t even know what “preview image” is and how important it is for proper brand recognition.

Video advertisements on YouTube are not better in any other way. People in the ad hold these extra large new Galaxy S24 phablets (almost the size of iPad Mini lol) and say “Wow” like if they see Google image search for the first time in their lives.

I just hope Apple won’t outperform Google by making even worse ads about new Apple/Siri AI features.

Oh yeah, Google copies iOS features, again! Available since iOS 16 and iPhone 11 I guess:

1714998854461.jpeg

What do you think? Maybe I just don’t understand but what is the point of promoting something that was always here-and-around? They could have just make a banner on main Google search page with smth like “try our upgraded image search!” and it would have worked with less money wasted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.