Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

city_17

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
Right click stats for nerds, check if the blown out video in question is HLG
Not sure what HLG is, but these are the stats for the video posted by the OP when run on my MPB 14:
Schermafbeelding 2022-03-20 om 18.20.20.png

Galve2000

macrumors member
May 29, 2019
NYC
on an unrelated note, I had no idea that Safari supports 4K videos in YouTube (let alone HDR) -- I switched to Chrome permanently after buying an iMac Pro back in the fall of 2018 bc Safari did mnot support 4K in YouTube, and I haven't looked back.

it is only due to this thread that that I now learned that Safari now supports 4K content!

I just might have to switch back, I generally preferred safari to chorme back in the day.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
on an unrelated note, I had no idea that Safari supports 4K videos in YouTube (let alone HDR) -- I switched to Chrome permanently after buying an iMac Pro back in the fall of 2018 bc Safari did mnot support 4K in YouTube, and I haven't looked back.

it is only due to this thread that that I now learned that Safari now supports 4K content!

I just might have to switch back, I generally preferred safari to chorme back in the day.
Yeah! Although I think Safari needs to learn how to sleep tabs better and Edge is doing that very well these days!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.