Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
I had to remove and repair my OMRON cuff first, and then it worked fine.
Yep I tied that it will pair with my XR but not my XS Max after I unpair it the XS Max will start to pair then fail but if I get the readings into OMRONs app the values don’t sync to Apple health but my qardio cuff does I’m hoping the put out an update to fix it

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The App is rendered completely useless for me. I’ve used it daily to get a quick overview of my activity. Not possible anymore. Shows me bike distances from a week ago in the overview. No way to swipe to switch days with all info combined.
iOS 12s Version was far superior.

From a daily usage to removing from my phone.

I was going to say "well, that's a bit of an exaggeration" but after less than a second's thought I agree with you. I haven't deleted it, but its daily utility is somewhere down in the single digits (on a scale of 1-100).
[automerge]1569261716[/automerge]
I had to remove and repair my OMRON cuff first, and then it worked fine.

I did that - I had expected to need to re-pair the device anyway since it's a new phone. I think the only BT pairing that survived the restore operation to a new phone was my AirPods. But if you didn't have a new phone and only updated to iOS 13, you shouldn't have had to do anything.

Cleartz

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2019
I don't like the new redesign. By default, everything entered should display in the summary tab. Instead, today's information only displays if you have favourited an option, which sucks.

What sucks even more is you can't hide certain options that will never apply to you. Oh and what's annoying even more is, if you favourite say, "Iron" (and when everything you have favourited finally appears), "No Data" will be displayed under favourites if you have obviously not entered any data. Anything that says "No Data" should not appear under favourites until, you know, data is in.

The summary tab should be more like a dashboard. Even with favourites, it doesn't feel like a dashboard.

Reactions: scmill

pwp3

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2019
OMG what a mess. Steve Jobs would fire people over this train wreck of a design. It looks like something designed by the work experience kid. So unintuitive and clunky. I’m annoyed!

Cleartz

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2019
OMG what a mess. Steve Jobs would fire people over this train wreck of a design. It looks like something designed by the work experience kid. So unintuitive and clunky. I’m annoyed!
And on top of that, you can't even filter the favourites. :/

Reactions: baddj

pwp3

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2019
FWIW I have found a superior alternative in the App Store. I’ll come back and have another look when iOS 14 ships next year.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I wonder if the "ads" recommending learning more about health and other apps will either go away or change over some short period of time

Reactions: OxCxDx and pwp3

Koshkaboo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
Is there any way to go back and see the data in one place for a previous day? I know I can go to say steps and eventually look back and find that days steps. But I don’t want to do it individually for each item. I want to be able to look in there for last Friday’s data and see it all in one place. I love my Apple Watch but this is so bad I am considering going back to a Fitbit

Reactions: iLondoner

jtmo3

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2005
This is just another example of the apple of late. It takes something that works and tries to fix it. This new design is very unintuitive and hard to use. It's too complicated for it's own good. I don't know who's designing software for apple, but they sure ain't getting it done. Childish and amateurish.

Cleartz

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2019
This is just another example of the apple of late. It takes something that works and tries to fix it. This new design is very unintuitive and hard to use. It's too complicated for it's own good. I don't know who's designing software for apple, but they sure ain't getting it done. Childish and amateurish.
Data on the summary tab doesn't even load for me now (Yes, probs internet). So the summary tab has become useless for me. The way the app is now, it makes me not want to log anything, or even use the app now.

I was rather hoping there was some magic way to browse from today favourites to previous days and that someone would let me in on the secret method that I was missing.

But it seems there's not. What a mess. It's unusable except to display today's information. And if you happen to enquire at one minute past midnight...

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Yes, it frigging sucks. I hate ads so that is very annoying. When I set it up I worried my old data didn’t import but it did (mostly). Really bad UI. Took forever to find my data. Like an after thought with a super heavy dose of advertising. Suuuuux.

OxCxDx

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
I wonder if the "ads" recommending learning more about health and other apps will either go away or change over some short period of time

They should just chuck all that stuff into a "about" or "info" tab. Same with all the recommended health apps.

Reactions: newellj

wallah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I just wish they’d taken the opportunity when they redesigned it to make it compatible with the iPad as well...that’s my only complaint now.
Exactly...export the data to iPad and then settle in with the big screen for a deep dive to view and analyze what's there.

Reactions: OxCxDx

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It’s alright. Once I got the hang of where everything is I didn’t really mind it, but it definitely had a bit of learning curve at first. I just wish they’d taken the opportunity when they redesigned it to make it compatible with the iPad as well...that’s my only complaint now.

I wonder if there's an affirmative theory there? I'm not disagreeing, but I wonder if Apple has concluded that on balance security is better served by tying it only to one iPhone. I will say that I am far more concerned about the confidentiality of my medical records than my financial records.

Reactions: OxCxDx

wallah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I wonder if there's an affirmative theory there? I'm not disagreeing, but I wonder if Apple has concluded that on balance security is better served by tying it only to one iPhone. I will say that I am far more concerned about the confidentiality of my medical records than my financial records.
I like all the thinking around security. It's vitally important.

The iOs app has a built in Export feature, so presumably the designers had user choice in mind. I would like to exercise that choice to export and visualize my data on iPad OS. And I would rather do it on an Apple app than a 3rd party app. For the security reasons!

Reactions: boston04and07

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I like all the thinking around security. It's vitally important.

The iOs app has a built in Export feature, so presumably the designers had user choice in mind. I would like to exercise that choice to export and visualize my data on iPad OS. And I would rather do it on an Apple app than a 3rd party app. For the security reasons!

Two things.

First, I couldn't agree more with everyone who finds the redesign of the Health app a huge step backward. I totally agree.

Second, putting possible security issues aside (I'm just speculating about that), visualizing things on a phone is certainly very limited, and like you I'd find it much easier on an iPad. Even with the larger number of pixels on the Xr/11 and Max phones, it'd be far easier to take in things like trend information, which I think is a big deal for health information, on an iPad.

Reactions: wallah

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Two things.

First, I couldn't agree more with everyone who finds the redesign of the Health app a huge step backward. I totally agree.

Second, putting possible security issues aside (I'm just speculating about that), visualizing things on a phone is certainly very limited, and like you I'd find it much easier on an iPad. Even with the larger number of pixels on the Xr/11 and Max phones, it'd be far easier to take in things like trend information, which I think is a big deal for health information, on an iPad.

The thing is, Health and Activity data has been synced via iCloud for several years now. Anyone who owns two iPhones can sync that data back and forth already and has been able to for a while. So there really is no difference in allowing a person with an iPhone and iPad, instead of two iPhones, to sync and view that data on their two devices. The only difference is that one is larger and hasn’t had the app optimized for it yet.

Since the ability is already there, I really hope they they allow users to view their own data on their own devices if they so choose. It really bothers me that I can’t view this data on my own device. Like with everything else that syncs via iCloud, anyone could turn off the setting to sync their data if they are concerned.

Reactions: wallah

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The thing is, Health and Activity data has been synced via iCloud for several years now. Anyone who owns two iPhones can sync that data back and forth already and has been able to for a while. So there really is no difference in allowing a person with an iPhone and iPad, instead of two iPhones, to sync and view that data on their two devices. The only difference is that one is larger and hasn’t had the app optimized for it yet.

Since the ability is already there, I really hope they they allow users to view their own data on their own devices if they so choose. It really bothers me that I can’t view this data on my own device. Like with everything else that syncs via iCloud, anyone could turn off the setting to sync their data if they are concerned.

:eek: You're right. So my theory makes no sense. Oh well!

Reactions: boston04and07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.