Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0rinoco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
Luton, Bedfordshire UK
Suddenly all my web pages are being rendered with black backgrounds, all text in white. Seems to be happening on all browsers. Have no idea what has happened. All help welcome.

0rinoco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
Luton, Bedfordshire UK
O.K. Solved. System settings, appearance. One problem I have these days is that I am fast approaching 90, and maybe should buy an abacus. I started work with Thos. A. Edison as a service technician in the 1950's. Things were so straight-forward then. Everything is so vastly different now. Been an interesting journey, thoughl :) Edit. Sorry, fisherking, didn't see your reply. Yes, I did reboot, then had a look at system settings. Thank, anyway.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Hmmm... older eyes here, too.

I CAN'T STAND "dark mode".
Doesn't look like "the Mac OS" to me.

Black letters on a white (or nearly-white) background work for me.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Hmmm... older eyes here, too.

I CAN'T STAND "dark mode".
Doesn't look like "the Mac OS" to me.

Black letters on a white (or nearly-white) background work for me.
all relative. i've used dark mode since it was first introduced (on my iphone as well) and love the aesthetic. but good to have (some) choices; apple is not generally flexible about such things.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
I'm habituated to black-on-white, but--in the nighttime hours--I have really grown to appreciate darker backgrounds.

I spend a lot of time in BBEdit and Ffx, and the dark themes really helps to soothe the experience ;)

I'm sure you'll find your sweet-spot, 0rinoco :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.