Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Before you jump on the 8mm fisheye, think about how often you will *actually* use it. For most people, it is a novelty lens, one for extra cash lying around.

It is pricey too, but you might also consider the 24-70mm f/2.8L from Canon. It's...awesome.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
Before you jump on the 8mm fisheye, think about how often you will *actually* use it. For most people, it is a novelty lens, one for extra cash lying around.

It is pricey too, but you might also consider the 24-70mm f/2.8L from Canon. It's...awesome.
thats actually what im thinking about doing. after i read your last post i looked at your sig. noticed the 24-70 and went to bh to check it out. if i take out the fish and the tamron and add 200$ i could get it.
have you tried the tamron one? is it really worth it?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
thats actually what im thinking about doing. after i read your last post i looked at your sig. noticed the 24-70 and went to bh to check it out. if i take out the fish and the tamron and add 200$ i could get it.
have you tried the tamron one? is it really worth it?

I haven't tried the Tamron. It's a pretty good lens from what I hear. In low light situations, I [blindly] trust Canon a bit more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.