Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
I thought you said there isn’t an Apple store or Apple authorize repairer? How did Apple verify your battery? What did Apple verify? What is draining like crazy? Like losing 100% battery life in 10 mins? What damage are you referring to? As mentioned numerous times, you are not providing enough information

Are you guys using the same apps? How many ‘on’ screen are you comparing to your friend? Screen brightness have big impact on battery life too.

You keep providing the same information without further explanation! How is that helping it?!?! Three cycles means nothing! It could be third party battery issue or motherboard or something that is ‘eating’ the battery or you are nick picking issue! How is adding exclamation mark help the issue?!?!

Well, ask me about anything and I will try to give as much information as I can! P.S : I verified with a diagnostic made online request to verify the status of previous battery, trust me it's official by Apple ! ;-)

bryvvn

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2017
Well, if i can help u, about a year ago i bought an used 5S, same problem that u have, battery goes from 100% to 0% in like 2hs of usage, I used to charge it like 3 times on a normal day. I went to a phone store and chaged the battery 3 times but same results, so they told me it was something I dont remember in the motherboard, and it cant be fixed until u get a new one but that is the same as get a new iPhone. Sorry to tell you that, but it seems to be the same.

Reactions: pandi.ruvina

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
I thought you said there isn’t an Apple store or Apple authorize repairer? How did Apple verify your battery? What did Apple verify? What is draining like crazy? Like losing 100% battery life in 10 mins? What damage are you referring to? As mentioned numerous times, you are not providing enough information

Are you guys using the same apps? How many ‘on’ screen are you comparing to your friend? Screen brightness have big impact on battery life too.

You keep providing the same information without further explanation! How is that helping it?!?! Three cycles means nothing! It could be third party battery issue or motherboard or something that is ‘eating’ the battery or you are nick picking issue! How is adding exclamation mark help the issue?!?!

1. What do you consider a "little faster" ?
    Please see the attached files uploaded previously
  2. What are you comparing it to? I’m comparing it with my previous original battery, the situation is just like the same when I had the original battery, poor standby and usage time, I’ve had to charge it 2-3 times a day
  3. Are you guys using the same apps? At least, same apps my friend has a couple of games more that I don't have, because can't play anything with this poor battery life
  4. How many ‘on’ screen are you comparing to your friend? Less more than usual, he can go with a single charge and not heavy use during all day, I had to limit things like playing games, streaming or 3G/4G connection!
  5. Screen brightness have big impact on battery life too. Screen is in auto!

Please see the attached files to better understand how many apps and everything else. I don’t know what information to provide further more.

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
  1. What do you consider a "little faster" ?
    Please see the attached files uploaded previously
  2. What are you comparing it to? I’m comparing it with my previous original battery, the situation is just like the same when I had the original battery, poor standby and usage time, I’ve had to charge it 2-3 times a day
  3. Are you guys using the same apps? At least, same apps my friend has a couple of games more that I don't have, because can't play anything with this poor battery life
  4. How many ‘on’ screen are you comparing to your friend? Less more than usual, he can go with a single charge and not heavy use during all day, I had to limit things like playing games, streaming or 3G/4G connection!
  5. Screen brightness have big impact on battery life too. Screen is in auto!

Please see the attached files to better understand how many apps and everything else. I don’t know what information to provide further more.

Take your screen off auto, that can and usually does impact battery life

Reactions: 5105973

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Take your screen off auto, that can and usually does impact battery life

I just leaved it in standby mode, without WiFi, bluetooth or data connection, drained from 15:00-18:00 from 38 % to 23% in Low Power Mode!! So, even with the new battery, things are going the same way! Already turned off auto brightness, this was the result!

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
I just leaved it in standby mode, without WiFi, bluetooth or data connection, drained from 15:00-18:00 from 38 % to 23% in Low Power Mode!! So, even with the new battery, things are going the same way! Already turned off auto brightness, this was the result!

Yeah that's a motherboard issue, you might have to send it in to apple or buy another phone. No need to get upset, either get a battery case and save up for a new phone or send it off :(

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Yeah that's a motherboard issue, you might have to send it in to apple or buy another phone. No need to get upset, either get a battery case and save up for a new phone or send it off :(

Nooo, in my country there are no apple store or authorized reseller! I should probably accept it that even with the new battery, the issue is motherboard related, the most thing I was afraid off! :-( So, I might learn to get used to buy an battery case!!

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Nooo, in my country there are no apple store or authorized reseller! I should probably accept it that even with the new battery, the issue is motherboard related, the most thing I was afraid off! :-( So, I might learn to get used to buy an battery case!!

Try buying a used 5s or se from the states, if it's cheaper

Reactions: pandi.ruvina

Nilhum

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
Take out the SIM card and see if it still drains. Run in on wifi. If it does, than maybe it's a problem with the sim and you need a new one. I had an iPhone 7 Plus recently with this problem. I replaced it and still had a problem and got mad. I took out the SIM card to switch it back to my SE and suddenly my 7 plus was no longer draining. Then I bought a new SIM card and the problem was gone.

If that does not work try a DFU and reinstall the whole OS. Put it in recovery mode and connect it to your computer on iTunes.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Take out the SIM card and see if it still drains. Run in on wifi. If it does, than maybe it's a problem with the sim and you need a new one. I had an iPhone 7 Plus recently with this problem. I replaced it and still had a problem and got mad. I took out the SIM card to switch it back to my SE and suddenly my 7 plus was no longer draining. Then I bought a new SIM card and the problem was gone.

If that does not work try a DFU and reinstall the whole OS. Put it in recovery mode and connect it to your computer on iTunes.

Well that sounds tempting! If this helps : I already changed the carrier, so the sim card is brand new!
Already did a previous restore in DFU Mode with the previous new battery (because I replaced the first one) , so I don't know if this count!...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.