Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jelloshotsrule said:
was that your osprey in the HM section? i can't seem to view the original set you were selecting from anymore so i can't compare it..

the fox is great, but it wins almost as much cause it's something we don't see everyday as cause it's a nice photo. e.g. if you could get a picture of a giraffe, or something more "wild" like that then you'd have a better shot

second pic is cool. how can we see them bigger?

No, I think they liked the osprey because it was in flight. Mine is clutching a bloody, dead fish.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 125

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary said:
Well I took all the links down, but here are the results (and I didn't even place):

Grand Prize:

2006_photo_contest1.jpg

Second Prize and Third:

2006_photo_contest23.jpg

Honorable Mentions

I thnk the Grand Prize winner deserved to win, and the second place winner certainly deserved to win (maybe even better than the Grand Prize winner).

Third place is a crap picture in my opinion - and it's in a backyard water pond - it's not even natural - and this is a natural resources contest.

Lesson with this contest: Oversaturate and make your natural images look unnatural. I think my problem is most of my stuff is kind of "stock," and that's the way I shoot it. I think they were looking for more "rough" shots.

Oh well. :)

Gary, since you took the links down I can not comment directly on your "loss". The images you posted were some great images. I think I know you well enough that your images were worthy of placing.

In many ways you may have the "right" idea. We may be facing the difference between those that know film verses those that know digital.

You also hit on a point of images that are stunning as "stock"; verse those that were "lucky" in their "capture".

I did not take the time to see the other entries. IMO the ones you posted - #2 should have been #1 IMO.

Chip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.