Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Hi,

I just updated a friend's laptop that still has tiger. Just installed new security update, itunes 9, safari and quicktime. When the computer restarted its all zoomed in! I tried making a new user but its still magnified and zoom in unversial access is turned off. Please help!

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hold down the "control" key and then scroll down on the trackpad (two fingers down if applicable) or scroll down with the wheel on the mouse. See if that zooms out.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Hold down the "control" key and then scroll down on the trackpad (two fingers down if applicable) or scroll down with the wheel on the mouse. See if that zooms out.

If that doesn’t work, maybe your resolution got changed somehow. Check System Preferences > Displays

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Hah, it's probably that. When I saw the word zoom, I automatically thought of the screen being zoomed into a certain location. The resolution is probably the problem.

Actually I think your first idea is probably right. That’s what I thought at first too. It seems like an easier thing to do by accident. I just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.