Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
So in my car I have my iPhone plugged into a cable which charges it and plays music through my stereo. I have the CarTunes app which is what I use to play music in the car (obviously).

Today I decided to give Hey Siri a go to send a text message. Worked fine, but then she wouldn't leave! The screen stayed on Siri instead of just sending the text and then going back to CarTunes. Had to press the Home button to return to the app. Not really 100% hands free.

Same kinda thing happened at home. I plugged my phone in to charge and Hey Siri'd an alarm. Alarm set but then the screen stayed on for like a minute. Bit irritating.

Solution: When plugged in with an app open, return to app 5 seconds after last command. When plugged in and screen locked, return to sleep 5 seconds after last command.

Anyone else noticed/bothered by this?

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I have a problem where when i say "Bye", Siri exits, and then the lock screen stays on. It just doesn't close.
I have to manually press the sleep/wake button which defeats the purpose of a hands free Siri.

/First world problems.

maimoona.aziz

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2015
I did not. Turns out that fixes both my problems. It would of course be that simple.

Though what would be better is if I didn't have to "Hey Siri" before I could "Bye Siri".

Thanks a lot, though! :D

I keep saying "Bye Siri" but Siri doesn't shut down. What do I do?

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Yes, nothing is working. Siri functions fine and does everything I tell her except going away when I say "bye"
She does respond with "ok see you later" but it stays on my screen
I've just tried it on iOS 9 PB3. I say "Bye Siri", she says "OK, see you later", then she goes away.

... Have you tried turning it off and on again?

maimoona.aziz

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2015
I've just tried it on iOS 9 PB3. I say "Bye Siri", she says "OK, see you later", then she goes away.

... Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yes, I have. I have even updated my software but saying bye or cancel to Siri doesn't make her go away.
What should I do now?

maimoona.aziz

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2015
This doesn't go away until I press the home button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 322
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.