Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
ipad_drainer.jpg

Home app not even installed, no Homekit stuff set up when it was there on the iPad initially, iPad sitting on a table with the cover closed and locked / asleep the whole time.

Perfectly normal, right? 🤦‍♂️

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Check what you have allowed in "home kit" in settings. And install the App and have a look in it.
I don't think its uninstalled properly, its more that the icon is just deleted rather than the software is being uninstalled. I had a similar issue with apple health ages ago.

Not sure what OS you are running but apply the latest updates, might be a bug that has been fixed.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Check what you have allowed in "home kit" in settings. And install the App and have a look in it.
I don't think its uninstalled properly, its more that the icon is just deleted rather than the software is being uninstalled. I had a similar issue with apple health ages ago.

Not sure what OS you are running but apply the latest updates, might be a bug that has been fixed.
There was nothing set up - I'd done it previously - installed, deleted my "home" that was automatically created, then uninstalled.

Tuning off all background processing after reinstalling and deleting it seems to have settled it down, so *shrug*

Reactions: Reverend Benny

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
There was nothing set up - I'd done it previously - installed, deleted my "home" that was automatically created, then uninstalled.

Tuning off all background processing after reinstalling and deleting it seems to have settled it down, so *shrug*
Sometimes uninstalled apps can create issues. Not saying its the same issue but my issue was related to that Apple Health was uninstalled. When installing it again it solved my battery drain (i never used it).
Could have been solved with OS updates as well, but haven't uninstalled the app since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.