Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthony13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
I am getting sick of HomePod errors and having to restart again and again. How in the world do these things not just always work at this point? It's been years of updates, and yet every time I change the source, or close an app, the default out setting goes away OR it stays, yet doesnt work, and the home pod's themselves just show the spinning white light on top. I've done all of the obvious restarts and rebuild HomeKit. SO FRUSTRATING. sorry, for the rant all, I didnt see this exact issue being discussed but I'm just such an apple fan and when home pod's, (mini and full size) dont work, it really frustrates me because its a premium priced product.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have not found the use of Bluetooth or WiFi/AirPlay speakers as default system device to be reliable for any OS.
They work nicely for casting Music and other media.

Given the lag implicit in the standards, they are a no-go. I use my Studio Display speaker and USB DAC-connected monitors.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I am getting sick of HomePod errors and having to restart again and again. How in the world do these things not just always work at this point? It's been years of updates, and yet every time I change the source, or close an app, the default out setting goes away OR it stays, yet doesnt work, and the home pod's themselves just show the spinning white light on top. I've done all of the obvious restarts and rebuild HomeKit. SO FRUSTRATING. sorry, for the rant all, I didnt see this exact issue being discussed but I'm just such an apple fan and when home pod's, (mini and full size) dont work, it really frustrates me because its a premium priced product.
Your Avatar says it all lol. I’m with you on being an Apple fan and this device is the bane of my Apple ecosystem. It’s incredible how crappy the HomePods still are after so many years on the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.