Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolleR85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Tarragona
Hello everyone! A month ago I bought an iMac M3 with 24 ram and 1tb ssd. It is the 8cpu and 10 gpu cores, themax i can buy.

When I arrived when I restarted (only when restarting, when turning off and on it doesn't do it) I came out for a second a horizontal side-to-side stripes, right in the sound of the apple, the choomp.

I returned it and they sent me a replacement (new one).

It just arrived today and it does exactly the same to me.

i attached a video.

Does it do the same to you? Is it normal? Or have a problem twice?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0706.png
    IMG_0706.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 48

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
Since I'm having trouble with Mail crashing, I've done a lot of restarts. Shut down. Safe Mode. Recovery... So several "Restarts" or "Cold Boots". I do not see that line come up on the screen at all. I have New Silver iMac M3, 24gb Ram, 2TB SSD, 8/10 core, 4Port. Clean set up, no migration from old iMac.

RolleR85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Tarragona
Since I'm having trouble with Mail crashing, I've done a lot of restarts. Shut down. Safe Mode. Recovery... So several "Restarts" or "Cold Boots". I do not see that line come up on the screen at all. I have New Silver iMac M3, 24gb Ram, 2TB SSD, 8/10 core, 4Port. Clean set up, no migration from old iMac.
Yes, similar of mine iMac.
But my iMac just open the box and turn off, when I restarted it shows these stripes.
But is the second i’ve got, the furst I returned because of this “fail”, this second one do the same, it’s strange right? Tho units the same fail? Maybe normal maybe a faulty serie?
Thanks

Last edited:

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Does it impact operating at all? If it’s only a momentary flash that you only see during a restart, I’m not sure if I understand the issue?

RolleR85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Tarragona
Does it impact operating at all? If it’s only a momentary flash that you only see during a restart, I’m not sure if I understand the issue?
Otherwise it seems to work well. The problem is those stripes on a flash when restarting can be a failure of some component that now only does that, but in 3-5 years maybe it can stop working and make the imac unuseable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.