Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I have imported all 3500 photos off my camera roll. I put them into iPhoto and sync them across all my iOS devices, so the camera roll is just redundant and taking up unnecessary space.

Is there a method which I can delete the entire camera roll since I have all these photos on my phone and computer already? I feel like it just slows things down when syncing with iPhoto for it to have to scan through 3500 photos that are already imported. I should get in the habit of deleting after import going forward.

Thanks as always!

ryguy2303

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2009
When the phone is connected to the computer via USB and iPhoto is open, you should be able to click on your phone in the iPhoto sidebar and then select an option to remove photos from your camera roll that have already been imported.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
When the phone is connected to the computer via USB and iPhoto is open, you should be able to click on your phone in the iPhoto sidebar and then select an option to remove photos from your camera roll that have already been imported.

Unfortunately no. The only option is "Import Selected"

I searched and saw there were many articles saying go to General>Usage>Camera Roll, swipe and press delete, but like many others reported, this didn't work.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Is this what you looking for?? If yes go to settings, general, usage , photos & camera, then slide to delete camera roll
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371316755.869609.jpg

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Plug it into your Mac, crack open Image Capture and you can delete them all from there.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Unfortunately no. The only option is "Import Selected"

I searched and saw there were many articles saying go to General>Usage>Camera Roll, swipe and press delete, but like many others reported, this didn't work.

After you click import selected it will say do you want to delete - say yes.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have the solution for your problem just do as i say............
1.Firstly turn on your iPhone.
2.Then you go to the Main window.
3.Then click the erase data and tap Start.
4.Then you delete photos from iPhone without going one by one.
5.Now you can have a try with iPhone Data Eraser
Have a nice day............

Sarcasm works better when you don't mess up the punchline of the joke.

lenconan

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2014
Is this what you looking for?? If yes go to settings, general, usage , photos & camera, then slide to delete camera roll
View attachment 417716

The easiest way is to connect it to your computer and open the camera roll as a digital camera with iPhone Data Eraser.
Alternatively, on the phone, open the camera roll, if it isn't displaying thumbnails tap the "camera roll" label on the upper left. Then tap the box with an arrow on the bottom of the screen, tap each photo you want to delete once, then tap to delete photos from iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.