Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
You will know if you have SP2 if your computer constantly crashes and locks up while doing menial tasks like using Word.

Lol, sorry I had to. It should tell you in System Properties or whatever it's called.

andrewheard

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry but I don't know anything about volume licensing. Slipstreaming is taking an original windows xp disc and merging service packs or windows updates with it. You can burn it to cd and then whenever you reinstall you have most of the recent updates. I'm assuming its legal as microsoft provides the functionality.

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
CoMpX said:
You will know if you have SP2 if your computer constantly crashes and locks up while doing menial tasks like using Word.

Lol, sorry I had to. It should tell you in System Properties or whatever it's called.

I thought that was how you tell it's genuine Windows...

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Kingsly said:
Okay, I checked the properties; I do have SP2. Thanks everyone. Now if they could only fix the heat and GPU issues...

Well wait though, does your XP cd have SP2, or have you simply updated your XP SP1 installation so SP2 with windows update? Just because it's installed doesn't necessarily mean it was on the disc.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
satans_banjo said:
I thought that was how you tell it's genuine Windows...

:D

I am happy that the original Mac-spirit is still around! :)

What a world we live in today:
Mac OS X native on a generic PC
Windows native on a genuine Mac

If you would have started a thread about this platform-adultery a few years ago you would probably have been banned.... ;)

Timepass

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2005
andy89 said:
Can someone tell me what slipstream means?:confused:
I dunno

It basicly means that SP2 is installed at the same time the OS is done. No need to boot into windows after you installed it and then install SP2. It is installed along with the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.