Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T Red

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Every time i use Siri to set a reminder my whole family gets it. How do I make her use a different list?

I tried to delete the family list but apparently it cannot be.

----------

Using iPhone 6 with 8.1.3.

Thanks,
Tim

krm728

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
You lead me to it. But it is. Settings>reminders>default list.

Thanks.

One more screen:

Screen>reminders>default list>reminders (or any other list you want to use as default)

EDIT: After a second reading of your last post it appears you likely found it.

Last edited:

ClaveMan

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2011
Saint Louis
Every time i use Siri to set a reminder my whole family gets it. How do I make her use a different list?
Bump. The post above is from iOS 6 in 2015, but still relevant..

It's 2018 and my iOS 11.2.5 Apple Watch / iPhone X are

How do you turn Family Reminders off?
I had to turn off Reminders completely on my iPhone (now I see only Reminders I created on my iPhone -- on my iPhone -- not my Mac)

I recently added my wife to the "family". At the same time I start adding reminders through Siri on my Apple Watch

"Hey Siri.. remind me to take my ham sandwich to lunch tomorrow"

Wife sends text "why am I seeing this on my phone?" ("Take Ham Sandwich to work").

(Yes, I went into my phone and deleted all the family reminders one by one -- but Siri adds them back)

But, I don't want Siri telling my whole family about my upcoming proctology exam..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Bump. The post above is from iOS 6 in 2015, but still relevant..

It's 2018 and my iOS 11.2.5 Apple Watch / iPhone X are

How do you turn Family Reminders off?
I had to turn off Reminders completely on my iPhone (now I see only Reminders I created on my iPhone -- on my iPhone -- not my Mac)

I recently added my wife to the "family". At the same time I start adding reminders through Siri on my Apple Watch

"Hey Siri.. remind me to take my ham sandwich to lunch tomorrow"

Wife sends text "why am I seeing this on my phone?" ("Take Ham Sandwich to work").

(Yes, I went into my phone and deleted all the family reminders one by one -- but Siri adds them back)

But, I don't want Siri telling my whole family about my upcoming proctology exam..
Have you tried the suggestions that were made earlier in the thread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.