Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I don't want the Freescale Tablet.. but how did they make it only $200 and have many more features than Apple's iPad?

The FreeScale one comes with:
12-hour battery life
Same processor speed
Same hard drive space
Built-in webcam!!!!!
Adobe Flash Support
USB Ports
Bluetooth
Runs full OS, not stripped down iPhone OS

How did they do this so cheap and Apple's doesn't even have a webcam??

Here is the link: http://www.pcworld.com/article/1857...blet_for_everyone_and_its_not_from_apple.html

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I don't want the Freescale Tablet.. but how did they make it only $200 and have many more features than Apple's iPad?

12-hour battery life
Same processor speed
Same hard drive space
Built-in webcam!!!!!
Adobe Flash Support
USB Ports
Bluetooth

How did they do this so cheap and Apple's doesn't even have a darn webcam??
Edit: Im a dumbass, I actually like that approach, not so in love with the hardware

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
People have been making cheaper computers for years. In fact apple products have the reputation of paying the "apple tax", i.e., more expensive.

The question is, whether having a desktop OS benefit a tablet computer. Apple has decided that it doesn't. There's some logic to that decision, though I personally disagree with that.

The more I look at it, the more, I watch the keynote, and the more I ponder the usage, I see that it may have a demographic that wants the device. Whether that demographic is enough to make it a profitable device is anyone's guess.

paddad64

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008

12-hour battery life
Same processor speed
Same hard drive space
Built-in webcam!!!!!
Adobe Flash Support
USB Ports
Bluetooth

How did they do this so cheap and Apple's doesn't even have a webcam??
/an_affordable_199_tablet_for_everyone_and_its_not_from_apple.html[/url]

Another question...Why is Kindle so expensive?

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Another question...Why is Kindle so expensive?

I could have accepted the iPad with all its flaws if they just added a webcam. I had my credit card ready on my desk for pre-order today in case they had offered it. I would have bought the best model they had. I'm very disappointed they said it should compete with a netbook in the keynote and didn't even add a webcam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.