Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Unfortunately, silicon Macs in general (including the latest generation iMac) are not the best for playing for the latest generation of games at high resolution

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
Are you kidding? Pricewise, the whole iMac is priced at the same level of an RTX3080, and we all know how Apple is pricing their stuff.
I am out of PC gaming for more than a decade. So I am unaware of the pricing part when it comes to playing games like Crysis, GTA5, BFBD2, Assassin Creed, NFCMW @ 4K resolution

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
4k gaming in general is a lot more rare on PCs than you would think, and in general there are very few truly native 4k games on PC or consoles it’s just mostly upscale tech. Most people that are serious about PC gaming that I know are gaming at 1080-1440 in general, which I would guess the iMac would at least be adequate at. At the distance you would be sitting from the monitor when playing a game, I doubt you would even be able to tell the difference of if it were in 4k or 1440 for example.

I think really with mac and gaming we should take a wait and see approach, they appear to be getting more serious about it, and if by WWDC we don’t see any fruits from these efforts, I would just take what you can get. Me personally I use mine for emulators, baldurs gate, arcade, re, and soon death stranding which I’m fine with those (for now)

Reactions: maverick786us
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.