Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2006
Are you joking??

The joke is that people think that a proprietary plug-in, that happens to be resource intensive and crash prone, is somehow fundamental to the internet.

Like many others, I disable it on my desktop (which results in less advertising) and don't miss it on my iPhone.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
No, I dont like flash, but to not have it as at least an option on the tablet is completely ridiculous, remember, there will be no click 2 flash. Everyone needs flash at one point or another, and for most yes, this will be a deal breaker. Unless apple allows adobe to develop flash for this thing it will be a serious problem.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
The joke is that people think that a proprietary plug-in, that happens to be resource intensive and crash prone, is somehow fundamental to the internet.

Like many others, I disable it on my desktop (which results in less advertising) and don't miss it on my iPhone.

OR...you could simply use Firefox with ABP enabled.

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
im not that computer literate so forgive this stupid question but whats the big deal about not having flash? like what type of things other than advertisements would i be missing out on if i didnt have flash?

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
im not that computer literate so forgive this stupid question but whats the big deal about not having flash? like what type of things other than advertisements would i be missing out on if i didnt have flash?

Disable it and browse your favorite sites. You'd be surprised.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Apple could force Adobe's hand on Flash.
If Apple keeps its nerve - they could force sites to go away from Flash (or at least update its tech, bring it to 64 bit, less buggy etc) or at the very least provide HTML version that notices if the device going to the site can do flash or not.

OlBlueHair

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Don't forget that flash isn't just video. It isn't just Hulu. There are sites where the entire top menu bar is flash. Flash is everywhere. No Flash on this thing is a joke. Try disabling it and then surfing your favorite sites. It makes a huge difference in what you see and it's NOT just banner ads.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Don't forget that flash isn't just video. It isn't just Hulu. There are sites where the entire top menu bar is flash. Flash is everywhere. No Flash on this thing is a joke. Try disabling it and then surfing your favorite sites. It makes a huge difference in what you see and it's NOT just banner ads.

And why does one need to use Flash for a menu bar?

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
well i went to tools, manage add ons, and found the adobe flash right clicked and disabled it. went to the sites i frequent most like macrumours, foxsports, espn, facebook and no real issues. im sure the random website i go to will prolly act up but so far it doesnt seem that big of a deal. def not a deal breaker or anything. i would def like to get this for class work like note taking etc especially after seeing that dock/keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.