Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csista

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2007
Minolta A2 lasted a year. Bought it right before DSLRs went down in price, and I wasn't expecting to rediscover my passion for photography like I did. Moved to D70s, which was moved to backup status after a year and a half when I recently bought the D200. I think this one will stick for awhile, 10mp is enough for what I need and it's a great body. Unless I suddenly start making lots of money as a photographer, at which point I would have to upgrade to a new toy.;)

Chromako

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2007
The Wired
Clix Pix said:
Yes, my strategy has been to work towards developing my lens collection and then after that eventually (when I was ready both in terms of photographic skills and money) move on into the Nikon D2Xs..... In developing my lens collection I have been mindful of the likelihood/possibility that Nikon will eventually come out with a FF body so have made sure that while I have some DX-only lenses, I've got plenty of lenses which will work with either DX or FF....

Yupyup :)
20D for two years now and I'd love to get the 5D's next sister some time, but for now I'm investing in lenses and accessories. I think I might have a decent kit at the moment... 4 lenses (L), flash, monopod happiness... but the FF DSLR range is sooo expensive. Even when considering Canon L Lens Acquisition Disease (CLLAD) it's expensive. aiya. I comfort myself in the fact that lenses don't exactly become outdated, and they sell for nice prices. :p

Chromako

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2007
The Wired
Grimace said:
The 30D was a much better feel (I have big hands) -- faster frame rate, better image quality, larger LCD. And, I sold my XT for $150 less than I paid for the 30D :D Gotta love craigslist and eBay! Most importantly, I wasn't in a position financially to even consider a 5D (and I had 2 EF-S lenses that kept me from accidentally daydreaming about one.)

I was able to get my work to pay for the 5D so I sold my 30D and actually came out money AHEAD!

Not to mention better focusing! Sports with an XT versus a 30D is like night and day. But you got work to pay for a 5D? :( no fair!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.