Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ger19

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
I have an Amazon Echo and I want to listen to music when I go to sleep at night but the lowest volume setting is still too loud. I’m wondering if the HomePod mini can play music very softly. The thing with the Echo is that the lowest setting is “1”. I’m wondering if the HomePod has an infinite setting down to zero.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have an Amazon Echo and I want to listen to music when I go to sleep at night but the lowest volume setting is still too loud. I’m wondering if the HomePod mini can play music very softly. The thing with the Echo is that the lowest setting is “1”. I’m wondering if the HomePod has an infinite setting down to zero.
Tough to answer this for you. What’s loud for you may be soft to someone else and vice versa. If you use the slider instead of the volume buttons, you can get it pretty low but again, that might be loud for you. Apple has a no nonsense 15 day return policy. You can give it a shot and if it doesn’t work for you, return it.

Reactions: ger19

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
Yeah, I have two HomePod Minis on my desk in my home office.
I often have them playing at a barely-audible volume if i am working but want some "white noise" in teh background. They go pretty low, but that's during the day when there's the usual outdoor noises like birds, traffic, lawnmowers etc all around the suburban neighbourhood. I'm not sure what it would be like in a silent room at night.

Reactions: ger19
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.