Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
For the 3rd time since updating to 16.3.1 I have suddenly lost all my Safari tabs. It appears that after I touch the address bar when I have a number of tabs open, all the tabs, except the one that I am on, disappear! Today, I tried unsuccessfully to retrieve the tabs, then closed that tab and could not see a way to retrieve them.

Please help, this is so frustrating, what is going on, what did I do wrong, how do I stop this happening again, I have had an iPad for about 10 years and this has never happened previously!

Edit: added Safari.

Last edited:

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Here you find Apple‘s Info on tab groups. Basically: as long as you operate within a tab group all open tabs are automatically saved to it, newly opened added (and saved) - if e.g. Safari’s history for whatever reason is deleted and all open tabs closed, you just open the tab group and everything is there. 🤓

Reactions: maclad

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
You could try using another browser app like Chrome or Firefox, perhaps they handle it better - under the hood they use Safari.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Lost tabs today as well, had not happened to me since iPadOS 14 or 15.

Trillion dollar company, yet cant fix this common issue for years.

Reactions: maclad
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.