How to remove Flagged from mail?

Trance

macrumors 6502
GLh36.png

it wasn't there before i was messing around in mail, how do I remove it? :(

Weaselboy

Staff member
The first time you "Flag" a message it creates that folder. Click the folder and unflag any messages there by right click and selected the X by flag to clear all flags. Now quit Mail app and restart it and the Flagged folder will disappear.

MasterGardener

macrumors newbie
Removing VIP & Flagged from email account

Account says I have a flagged email; (unread & deleted) email is not to be found, so I have this 'Flagged' icon in my mail account that is driving me crazy, *gah!!

There MUST be a way to get rid of this, even though the email has long been deleted.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 11.11.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 11.11.59 AM.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 1,581
Last edited:

mhmyers

macrumors newbie
Removing VIP & Flagged from email account

Account says I have a flagged email; (unread & deleted) email is not to be found, so I have this 'Flagged' icon in my mail account that is driving me crazy, *gah!!

There MUST be a way to get rid of this, even though the email has long been deleted.
I got rid of it by command-clicking the Flagged Mailbox to deselect it then quitting and relaunching Mail.

Netmammal

macrumors newbie
That did not work for me. (Not fully explained though, but I suspect it was to "fix" some other situation, not the one I'm trying to solve.) I'm going to try the macbundle method from StackExchange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.