Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
I'm in the UK and I have an unopened iPad Air (5. Generation) 256 GB Wifi bought October 2023 with Apple pencil 2, apple care and Ipad case from the EU. How can I sell them in the UK for the original price? I'm also open to selling it to a buyer from europe. I intend to get a UK Ipad maybe later this year or next year.

• Haha
Reactions: aParkerMusic

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
You cannot sell it for the original price unless you do some sort of lying and manipulation targeting the uninformed.

Perhaps you can sell the iPad for the original price but throw in the Pencil and case for free and see if anyone will bite.

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
Thanks for the suggestions. What websites are the best places to sell my brand new Ipad with all the accessories?

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
Even if it’s sealed and never turned on the warranty started ticking the moment you bought it. Furthermore that “older” model is likely on clearance practically everywhere now that the new models are widely available.

The very best you can hope for is perhaps equivalent to a clearance price, but with the AppleCare cost included.

Of course, there is the question of why you never opened it since you bought it in October 2023. Pity you hadn’t purchased it much more recently, like a couple of weeks ago, when you might have been able to return it and get back what you paid in refund.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Thanks for the suggestions. What websites are the best places to sell my brand new Ipad with all the accessories?

Maybe try the Marketplace right here at MacRumors. Shop around a little bit for an iPad similar to yours and price it accordingly. Most 'services' are just going to take more money off the top, so if you can do a direct sale that'd be ideal.

Reactions: macboy101

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
Even if it’s sealed and never turned on the warranty started ticking the moment you bought it. Furthermore that “older” model is likely on clearance practically everywhere now that the new models are widely available.

The very best you can hope for is perhaps equivalent to a clearance price, but with the AppleCare cost included.

Of course, there is the question of why you never opened it since you bought it in October 2023. Pity you hadn’t purchased it much more recently, like a couple of weeks ago, when you might have been able to return it and get back what you paid in refund.
Apple store told me returns are only within 14 days of purchase.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
In order of preference:
1. Craigslist or similar, cash only, exchange at the police station
2. Trade it in at apple.com
3. Get scammed somewhere else

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
Maybe try the Marketplace right here at MacRumors. Shop around a little bit for an iPad similar to yours and price it accordingly. Most 'services' are just going to take more money off the top, so if you can do a direct sale that'd be ideal.
Can you link the marketplace please? I'm new here.

cjsuk

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2024
I'm in the UK and I have an unopened iPad Air (5. Generation) 256 GB Wifi bought October 2023 with Apple pencil 2, apple care and Ipad case from the EU. How can I sell them in the UK for the original price? I'm also open to selling it to a buyer from europe. I intend to get a UK Ipad maybe later this year or next year.

You won't get brand new price for it. No one will take that risk on. Probably lost 25% the moment you paid for it.

Best place to sell is ebay on returns but you need a decent reputation as a seller and have a 70% off fees voucher for it to be worth it.

Reactions: arkitect

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
You won't get brand new price for it. No one will take that risk on. Probably lost 25% the moment you paid for it.

Best place to sell is ebay on returns but you need a decent reputation as a seller and have a 70% off fees voucher for it to be worth it.
Does ebay still force sellers to use paypal?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
it's sealed and brand new
All things being equal; sealed, brand new, same price, why would someone buy from a random stranger rather than from Apple or a trusted retailer? Buying from you involves risk. It could be stolen. It could be a scam of some sort. It could be just made up to look new. Sorry, but despite being new and unopened, there's no way you can sell it for full retail price.

Reactions: arkitect

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The only way you’re getting full price is if you wear a balaclava and bring a knife to the transaction.

Since this is your first time selling, post it on local classifieds such as Craigslist. And only accept cash in a safe exchange space.

Reactions: FreakinEurekan

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
No. They have their own payments system now which sends directly to your bank account. Arrives next morning. They hold it if you are a new seller for a few days though.

I've sold about 800 items and never had a problem though!
Damn ebay must have deleted my old account that had dozens of sales and great customer reviews. I tried signing in a few minutes ago but my username isn't being recognized.

• Sad
Reactions: cjsuk

macboy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2024
The only way you’re getting full price is if you wear a balaclava and bring a knife to the transaction.

Since this is your first time selling, post it on local classifieds such as Craigslist. And only accept cash in a safe exchange space.
I know bjj mate. I can sell anywhere anytime.

• Haha
Reactions: FreakinEurekan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.