Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
AppleTV seems to think that I follow a certain NBA team and whenever this team is playing, the game is updated in live activity on my iPhone. I have never been able to figure out sports teams in live activity. There are actually other teams I would rather follow and have their games show up in live activity. I have tried to specify those teams in AppleTV, and I have tried to remove this one NBA team that AppleTV wants me to follow. Can anyone here show me how to get other teams to show up there? NCAA football and basketballl? NFL? Or does the live activity in iOS only work for NBA? I am aware of the app SportsAlert, but wonder how to make it work native in iOS. TIA.

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
only NBA and MLS have live activity in iOS.
Not true. I’m following many European soccer teams and get live activities for all of PL teams.
IMG_2440.jpeg

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
That is what the article I read said as of Spring 2023. Still seeking answers that will allow me to follow games in NCAA and NFL for specific teams, that are specified as faves in AppleTV.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
I've honestly never cared for how AppleTV+ treats teams I follow in terms of how to watch or follow their scores. Sports Alerts is 1000% better and easier IMO.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
I use Sports Alert for NFL, College Football and Basketball.  TV for MLB. I don’t think Apple has an agreement like they do for MLB. Sports Alert is great with live activities. You can choose what type of alerts you get throughout the game. Great app!

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I like Live Activities on my iPhone - and the fact the teams are now manageable through the Apple Sports app. However the fact that the notifications to my Apple Watch cannot be turned off is very annoying. Any ideas for those who use Live Activity for sports scores?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.