Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
I stated getting notifications at 9 am on Black Friday for “All day events”, today I got one at 9am for St Andrews day too, never ever had them before. Hence my question is how do I stop notifications for UK Holidays. This is on iPadOS 15.6.1.

I realise that I can go into Focus and set a “do not disturb“ before say 9.05 but I do nor want to have that always switched on. I have clicked on the actual events in the calendar and then clicked the “Alert“ to none, but some time later it automatically turns back to “On the day of event (9.00)”, and anyway I don’t want to have to go into every individual event, I want to cancell all the notifications for them all. I have looked around for how to do it, with no success. It seems to be an absolutely stupid default setting and doesn’t happen with my iPad iOS 12.5.6.

Edited the iOS.

Last edited:

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I looked a my Calendar app. I’m in the US. On iPad you can click on the top left icon to see all of your calendars. I have one for US Holidays. Clicking in the info icon shows an option for Event Alerts. I’d think turning that off might do the trick.

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
Brilliant, thanks fattribble, the next one due would have been Christmas Eve, so I will find out for sure then if it works.

Reactions: fatTribble

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Your email service provider may also include holiday calendars. Check them out as well and make sure to deselect them.

Reactions: maclad

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
Your email service provider may also include holiday calendars. Check them out as well and make sure to deselect them.
I use mac email and I don’t think they do, but I can’t see anyway to check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.