Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, one of the problems I have with my 6S+ is that whenever I want to take a photo, I have to press the home button, enter the six digit passcode and then launch the camera app. If the code is incorrect, I have to key in again. By then, object of interest already gone. Is there a way that I do it instantly on the 6S+, 15+ and 15 Pro?

The 15 Pro seems to have a new Action Button which we could assign it to open the Camera app. With the passcode on, does it bypass the need to enter the passcode and launch the Camera app instantly the Action Button is pressed?

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
You can also swipe to Control Center and access the camera there without the passcode being entered (or Face ID or Touch ID).

Reactions: hajime and chown33

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
The 15 Pro seems to have a new Action Button which we could assign it to open the Camera app. With the passcode on, does it bypass the need to enter the passcode and launch the Camera app instantly the Action Button is pressed?
Yes, the action button can bring up the camera without entering a passcode or validating with Face ID.

Reactions: hajime and chown33
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.