Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
So I am using my 11” M4 model with no case just bare. And it’s easy to feel how much lighter and thinner. But what a pleasure and how much fun it is to use.
Could the 16GB of RAM be contributing to this ?

steve217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2011
NC
What’s your point of reference with the 2024 iPad Pro?
Did you have an iPad previously?

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Agreed, the last time I used an iPad was a 2018 12.9" Pro (pre M chips). There's zero lag and compute heavy tasks (like stem splitting in Logic or video rendering in Lumafusion) are very quick. It's not just the chip either, the significant improvements to pixel response times thanks to OLED makes panning arounds Maps (for example) feel really smooth. The fact it's so thin and light (I moved to 11") contributes to the experience too, it's not just an aesthetic difference because it means I can comfortably hold the iPad above my head with one hand.

It's a great device. I was considering returning mine but I think I'll keep it. I got cellular and the 11" model for the first time so it's lightweight, portable, fast (M4), and always connected. I'm thinking about picking up the Magic Keyboard tomorrow to try that out.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
So I am using my 11” M4 model with no case just bare. And it’s easy to feel how much lighter and thinner. But what a pleasure and how much fun it is to use.
Could the 16GB of RAM be contributing to this ?
I was wondering this myself but I have the 512 GB model so I don't get extra RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.