Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think I was trolling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobansky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
Bahrain
Hi!

I am working in video production industry, and I believe many creative people will share my views...

Apple - you are letting us down. We were following you since you were a baby, we believed in you.
The best designs, and the most creative ads were produced on Apple machines...people fell in love with graphics design, web development, video production on Apple Machines...

What happened Apple??
WHY????

Why you are letting us down?
Why focusing on thinner and lighter notebooks???? We want more than 2gb of vram and strong GPUs to run Davinci resolve, we need more memory to run multiple applications, we need more horsepower to work on 4k video......we need 17" 4k screen so we can have powerful mobile workstations for editing and graphics design on the go!

We don't mind if my machine is thick as older Macbooks!!! We need POWER!!!!!!!

Why?

Why you are becoming "uncool", why you are becoming the monster from your 1984 AD??

Just to remind you! Don't let us throw that hammer!!!!!

Come back to creative people, listen to us, give us power and not thin machines with useless fancy updates, give us new desktop MAC for video editing and postproduction, give us latest GPU's in new machines, give us ability to have more memory on Macbook pro, give us 6,8 core i7 CPU, give us POWER!!!!Its about the time!!!!

And we will give you back!

THanks!
Screenshot 2017-01-11 22.02.36.png

Reactions: George Dawes

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Hi!

I am working in video production industry, and I believe many creative people will share my views...

Apple - you are letting us down. We were following you since you were a baby, we believed in you.
The best designs, and the most creative ads were produced on Apple machines...people fell in love with graphics design, web development, video production on Apple Machines...

What happened Apple??
WHY????

Why focusing on thinner and lighter notebooks???? We want more than 2gb of vram and strong GPUs to run Davinci resolve, we need more memory to run multiple applications, we need more horsepower to work on 4k video......we need 17" 4k screen so we can have powerful mobile workstations for editing and graphics design on the go!

Why?

Why you are becoming "uncool", why you are becoming the monster from your 1984 AD??

Come back to creative people, listen to us, give us power and not thin machines with useless fancy updates, give us new desktop MAC for video editing and postproduction, give us latest GPU's in new machines, give us ability to have more memory on Macbook pro, give us 6,8 core i7 CPU, give us POWER!!!!Its about the time!!!!

THanks! View attachment 683050

I think Apple are very cool for deleting your weird post, personally speaking.

Rkuda

macrumors regular
May 23, 2016
Hi!

What happened Apple??
WHY????

Why?

THanks! View attachment 683050

The new MacBookPros have 4GB if you get the 460.

These laptops are faster than the last ones especially for video production so I don't know what your problem is.

Also intel doesn't make 6 or 8 core CPUs that would fit inside a laptop so take that up with them.

Reactions: BarracksSi

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Dear Apple,

Although you've never in your history made the most powerful computer known to man, please give us it. I don't care if you need to invent a time machine or bend the laws of physics in some other way, we demand that you give it to us.

For years, other manufacturers have released new and updated products every 5 minutes, they release high power computers that weigh as much as a LISA and have the same battery life. But it's about time you stopped striking a good balance between power/portability for your power portables, and instead put a MacPro into a suitcase with a 30" 8k display. This is what the industry needs!

Graphic designers for years have been demanding a more powerful computer, yet you continue to only provide the power they need, instead of the power they want. You offer no solutions for people who need the power of a desktop, but want the portability of a mobile phone.

We still believe Apple has the capability to create wine out of water, and we demand that you speak to your suppliers and push these demands on to them.

It's what Steve would have wanted, and I know what Steve would have wanted as I knew someone called Steve once.

Please Tim, I know you're really great at running a company this large, and continue to grow profits despite being within a time of economic uncertainty. But please give us free stuff, please make a $10,000 laptop that me and the other dozen people would think is good value. Instead of making something that everyone else wants.

Thanks Apple,

Sincerely,

Odeur de Macintosh

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Dear Apple,

Although you've never in your history made the most powerful computer known to man, please give us it. I don't care if you need to invent a time machine or bend the laws of physics in some other way, we demand that you give it to us.

For years, other manufacturers have released new and updated products every 5 minutes, they release high power computers that weigh as much as a LISA and have the same battery life. But it's about time you stopped striking a good balance between power/portability for your power portables, and instead put a MacPro into a suitcase with a 30" 8k display. This is what the industry needs!

Graphic designers for years have been demanding a more powerful computer, yet you continue to only provide the power they need, instead of the power they want. You offer no solutions for people who need the power of a desktop, but want the portability of a mobile phone.

We still believe Apple has the capability to create wine out of water, and we demand that you speak to your suppliers and push these demands on to them.

It's what Steve would have wanted, and I know what Steve would have wanted as I knew someone called Steve once.

Please Tim, I know you're really great at running a company this large, and continue to grow profits despite being within a time of economic uncertainty. But please give us free stuff, please make a $10,000 laptop that me and the other dozen people would think is good value. Instead of making something that everyone else wants.

Thanks Apple,

Sincerely,

Odeur de Macintosh

Epic. I laughed hard!

villicodelirant

Suspended
Aug 3, 2011
Dear Apple,

Thanks Apple,

Sincerely,

Odeur de Macintosh

I laughed pretty hard, but I think this is framing the problem in the wrong way.

Believe it or not, there is a market for a $10.000 suitcase with 2 liquid-cooled SLI GPUs - or at least it seems like Asus thinks so: http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-rog-gx800-review

The point is, Apple is not focusing on the "portable workstation" or "gaming laptop" segment.

This ordinarily would not be a problem: if you want a portable workstation you just buy it from a manufacturer who sells one.

However, for some people buying from anyone other than Apple is a cardinal sin.

(And now, get ready for the various replies to the effect of: "no I really need 16 number-crunching cores for my very very serious line of work, but I also can't cope with an OS that's ugly, it needs to be as stylish as Mac OS, you see, or the numbers can't be crunched effectively")

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Dear Apple,
I have no problem with you making the biggest, heaviest MacBook Pro possible with all the high spec features the Pros are requesting, but please continue to make the current 2016 model with it's thinness, light weight, space gray color and all the new features that I love.
Non "Pro" user

thesaint024

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2016
suspension waiting room
Dear Apple,
I have no problem with you making the biggest, heaviest MacBook Pro possible with all the high spec features the Pros are requesting, but please continue to make the current 2016 model with it's thinness, light weight, space gray color and all the new features that I love.
Non "Pro" user
+1. I know this is responding in a troll post, but I agree with your point about an ADDITIONAL product. I like my MBP exactly as it is, but I could care less if they made a behemoth, 2 hour MBP in addition to it. I don't buy a lot of Apple's products but others do. Whether that's 12 or 12 million is debatable, but it makes no difference to me. I would speculate it's closer to the 12 since Apple made the decisions and tradeoffs they did, but I have no data either way.

Reactions: bevsb2

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Hi!

What happened Apple??
What happened? Your brand loyalty injured you, that's what happened.. Apple had nothing to do with it.

If you choose the right tool for the job, and avoid brand loyalty, you wouldn't suffer these injuries.

bobansky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
Bahrain
No, seriously.....
Let's say I have a very weird sense of humor...while writing that post I as a bit frustrated ... while I was away from my office, I got stucked with project I brought to finalize on my Macbook pro 2015......It was almost impossible to grade or to do any serious post on 4k footage I was working with.....
THen I installed Creative Cloud and Resolve and tried to do few final touch ups on my son's Asus Republic of Gamers laptop in Resolve and I was amazed by speed, response and I finished job very quickly......while my Macbook pro was crashing and falling apart.....

What I am trying to say here....I am pissed off with the fact that they are completely leaving PRO market and focusing on mobile and mass consumer market....No innovations, no significant performance impprovement in new mode.....for them it's look that is important....

New MacBook Pro is ridiculously expensive, but the question is - WHY to buy it??? WHat is the major functional upgrade???? That stupid touch panel???? Come on!!!

I am really looking to move away from MAc completely....
I will get something like this for my work out of the office.....
and I will use Macbook pro for emails and spreadsheets......that's where it shines today!

cheers

xmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2016
CA
Apple has never made anything like that in the past and never will, why do you think they are going to start now? Sorry you have unrealistic expectations.

Have fun with your MSI laptop.

Reactions: Jayderek

thesaint024

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2016
suspension waiting room
No, seriously.....
Let's say I have a very weird sense of humor...while writing that post I as a bit frustrated ... while I was away from my office, I got stucked with project I brought to finalize on my Macbook pro 2015......It was almost impossible to grade or to do any serious post on 4k footage I was working with.....
THen I installed Creative Cloud and Resolve and tried to do few final touch ups on my son's Asus Republic of Gamers laptop in Resolve and I was amazed by speed, response and I finished job very quickly......while my Macbook pro was crashing and falling apart.....

What I am trying to say here....I am pissed off with the fact that they are completely leaving PRO market and focusing on mobile and mass consumer market....No innovations, no significant performance impprovement in new mode.....for them it's look that is important....

New MacBook Pro is ridiculously expensive, but the question is - WHY to buy it??? WHat is the major functional upgrade???? That stupid touch panel???? Come on!!!

I am really looking to move away from MAc completely....
I will get something like this for my work out of the office.....
and I will use Macbook pro for emails and spreadsheets......that's where it shines today!

cheers
I just wish you all would come at it like that. Why do you have to bash the current MBP which is the best at what it does. That looks NOTHING like the current MBP that some of us love, aka "the masses". I would be pretty mad if they tried to force that monstrosity on me. I know, that's what she said. This is a LAPTOP, and they have built one. That is like putting a cinder block on your lap. What you want is something different. Those gaming computers are out there. Apple has just never been in that space, ever. Why does it continue to disappoint people year after year when this is what they do? If that meets your needs, I will give you a big thumbs up for your purchase. That's all we want, to meet our needs.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
THen I installed Creative Cloud and Resolve and tried to do few final touch ups on my son's Asus Republic of Gamers laptop in Resolve and I was amazed by speed, response and I finished job very quickly......

Was that before or after the 10-minute "Preparing to install updates – do not turn off your computer" wait?

jjjoseph

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2013
The new MacBookPros have 4GB if you get the 460.

These laptops are faster than the last ones especially for video production so I don't know what your problem is.

Also intel doesn't make 6 or 8 core CPUs that would fit inside a laptop so take that up with them.
I have worked in tv, film and video since the 90s. The 460 in the 2016 MacBook Pro is not a fast GPU by any modern basis outside the fact that it is sometimes faster than the last GPU in the MacBook Pro. It's one of the slowest gpus on the modern market.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Your post should be sent to tcook@apple.com.

I answered "yes" to the poll, because the audience wasn't considered when you decided where to post it. Given the audience, it stands to reason that your post would have had a large chance at being perceived as trolling.

Those forums are for community-based support with Apple products. That means it is peer-based support. It is other users and customers that post there to help each other. Apple employees rarely, if ever, post in there, and there is never any guarantee that an Apple employee would have even seen that rant at all, unless somebody they know outside of work showed it to them while they were at home or hanging out on the weekend, etc.

bobansky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
Bahrain
Villicodelirant

Mostly 4k RAW editing and grading of the footage while I am out of the office.
I need a workhorse, and MBP simply can't keep up with the growing requirements of the industry...
I am very realistic when it comes to hardware required for my work...
In my studio I have MAC PRO 6 core - which is ok for now, but starts to struggle with 4k sometimes....Personally, I would like to see something new from Apple in this segment, as they haven't updated MAC PRO since 2013.....My second machine in studio is iMac 5k - using it usually for editing and it can keep up with prores 4k, but struggling with RAW....
So.....I need strong laptop....and Macbook Pro can't keep up anymore....

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
I just think we should all take solace in the fact that Apple have reached a point where they cannot win.

If they released a heaver laptop, the critics would complain.

If they released a more powerful laptop with lower battery life, the critics would complain.

If they released a thinner laptop, the critics would complain.

If they released a new innovative thingy magigy, the critics would complain.

Please, please, internet, stop making demands and assumptions based off your own needs. IF THE NEW MACBOOK DOESN'T SUIT YOUR NEEDS THEN DON'T BUY IT! My god you made me type in caps. It really is that easy though, you know? Not everyone needs/wants a honking pig of a machine to do a specific task, most people need/want portability from a laptop. Just because you don't doesn't mean they're wrong. Thankfully other people do make computers and I'm glad you've found one that suits your needs. Good luck, I've only ever heard fantastic things about MSI, I even owned an MSI laptop once, lasted a whole 3 months.

This forum isn't here to pursued you to buy a new MBP, that's Apple's job. And if you aren't buying then that's okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.