Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Feeling the same. Once I got to ~20 OEM bands, with at least of one of each major style, the appeal has started to wane. Pretty sure I have at least one style in all the major colors, except white.

For a long time I would buy different versions with the expectation that each new style could become my "new favorite". But after all these years and trials, I've settled on the sport band for working out/daily, and a Trail Loop or Alpine Loop as the mood suits.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
There really aren’t any Apple bands I can wear other than the older leather buckles, and the leather links. Sports bands make my arm itch so badly, and I’m between sizes on the braided solo loops and solo loops (even though the solo loops also make me itch). I mostly wear knockoff braided loops as my daily, with my leather buckles and a stainless link band (knockoff) for nicer occasions.

Suffice it to say I have a pretty small collection of bands these days.

Reactions: Superdan138

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
To me, it’s ridiculous that they discontinue band colors so quickly. I have an Ultra 2, but I can’t walk into an Apple Store and pick up an orange Alpine Loop or a Black Trail Loop. Why? Stuff like that diminishes my desire to keep buying bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.