Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timothy Leo Crowley

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
I love my iPhone XS Max. It's the best phone I've ever used and it's totally beautiful. These things are subjective. Everyone is different, pick what you like and pay no mind to what anyone else thinks. It's a beautiful world, go outside and enjoy the day.

waquzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Reading Android and iPhone forums, I always hear how awful the iPhone looks . Many people state the obvious like the notch and the bezels . I personally think the current design is fantastic! The bezels around the device are the same unlike the galaxy phones . Having a flat screen is amazing when you used to use galaxy phones and accidential touches were the worst. Along with the stainless steel wrapped around the device makes the recent linenofn iPhones feel more premium.

I know Apple has the potential to make this device even more refined . But I’m satisfied with what we have now .

What’s your guy’s opinion about the current iPhone design?

iPhone 11 Pro is definitely the best design when it comes to the iPhones with a notch.

Overall, the iPhone SE has the best design hands down.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I’m happy with the design for most part. The notch is needed to provide face ID which is the most secure way to unlock your device and you can pay with it something the comp still aren’t close to producing.

Sure I would love a notchless device which could come in 2021 so we shouldn’t have too long to wait.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I like this 11 Pro Max. It's just right for me. I don't mind the notch anymore and the size is great. I do not want it thinner if it's means losing out on this excellent battery life. I've come to be very spoiled with this battery.

I don't like the curved screens on Android, accidental touches drove me nuts with my last Samsung. I like my LG G8 ThinQ. Just wish it were a tad bigger in same form factor. I'm looking forward to seeing the G9.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Design is fine, size isn't for me. Hopefully the rumored 5.4" model will address that for the group of us who don't want to carry the larger/heavier phones that are harder to use one handed.

LunarFalcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
I don't mind the notch and the camera, but I don't like the rounded edges. And I'm also not wild about the reflectiveness of the stainless steel.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
The rounded sides are tired and played out. Same **** since 2014 now.

Can't wait for the redesign.

Ah, for the old days of rotary dial telephones! The design barely changed for something like 40 years.

Sure, I get it, a refreshed design is nice for something you replace every two-three years - helps you feel like you actually have something that's new. But as to rounded sides? I'm not a fan of sharp edges/corners (it's a comfort thing), so other than changing the dimensions of those curves, I wouldn't want them to go away altogether.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
Have to disagree, the matte back is boring and there's something off about the Apple logo in the middle of the back now. Also removing iPhone from the back makes the phone seem chintzy.

When I look at my iPhone Xs Max from the back, I'm like damn this is one good looking phone. The 11 Pro Max is ok. Too many aesthic changes in one generation if you ask me.

The matte back is much more premiu-looking than the glass back of the XS. Also like having no text on the back, it’s not needed, we know it’s an iPhone.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
The matte back is much more premiu-looking than the glass back of the XS. Also like having no text on the back, it’s not needed, we know it’s an iPhone.

Do you really feel this way or are you defending your choice!? I guess I could ask myself the same...

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
No problem here! The 11 Pro is close to perfect for me. I really like face recognition, so can live with the notch. I am sure i will keep this one for a couple years.

_karrol

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Wien, Österreich
I honestly love the design of the X/11, it is my favorite along with the 5/SE. Although, as the OP mentioned, there is for sure a potential to refine it. I was never bothered by the notch, but I loved the uniform bezel on every side of the phone - something you don't see even on the Galaxy S20, which is a bit funny to me, tbh.

I never liked and understood why the iPhone 4's design was so acclaimed, but anyways I also look forward to the redesign in the autumn, it will be interesting to see the modern interpretation of it.

Reactions: Wide opeN
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.