Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yves31

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2020
I have a iMac G4 1.25 17inch and need pictures of inverter cable connector/socket. I removed pins from connector and tried troubleshooting display issue. Now I like to put pins back to connector but cannot figure out color orders. Could someone take pictures of the cable connector/socket (near LCD and IDE connectors) from different angles? I searched photo online and could not find pictures for the 17in/1.25GHz model. Thank you for your help.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I have a iMac G4 1.25 17inch and need pictures of inverter cable connector/socket. I removed pins from connector and tried troubleshooting display issue. Now I like to put pins back to connector but cannot figure out color orders. Could someone take pictures of the cable connector/socket (near LCD and IDE connectors) from different angles? I searched photo online and could not find pictures for the 17in/1.25GHz model. Thank you for your help.
This request may possibly have received more attention had you opened a new topic.
I could check inside a 17" G4 Mac when next opened, unless you have an urgent need for this info? Please advise.

yves31

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2020
This request may possibly have received more attention had you opened a new topic.
I could check inside a 17" G4 Mac when next opened, unless you have an urgent need for this info? Please advise.
Thank you very much for the reply. I still could not find inverter connector information and stuck with black screen. I appreciate your help if you can have pictures soon.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Thank you very much for the reply. I still could not find inverter connector information and stuck with black screen. I appreciate your help if you can have pictures soon.
I should be able to get back to you in a day or two with photos you require.
In the meantime, HERE's a link to the Service Source for the iMac G4. Don't believe it will help you though with schematics.

yves31

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2020
I downloaded the service manual from your link but could not find detailed information on the inverter cable connector. Will wait for your pictures. Thanks,

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I've just pulled a 17" USB2 iMac G4 from storage.
Before I start any tear-down/removal of bottom housing, do the attached photos help whch I've just located on my HD? From memory the inverter connector is the one just rear of the video connector with the black boot (arrowed for a previous query).
iMacG4.jpg

iMacG4a.jpg

Reactions: Raging Dufus

yves31

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2020
I've just pulled a 17" USB2 iMac G4 from storage.
Before I start any tear-down/removal of bottom housing, do the attached photos help whch I've just located on my HD? From memory the inverter connector is the one just rear of the video connector with the black boot (arrowed for a previous query).
View attachment 966222

View attachment 966223
Video connector is the one with black shell and inverter is that rear of video connector. You can see ~15 wires in connector. One of cable is labeled as "Inverter", two others with "speaker" and "fan". I would like to see how wires go into the connector pin. It may be difficult to take a picture from back side. You may try from top, or pull connector out for pictures. Much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.