Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
You will laugh, I even did this from time to time. a brick ice-akku with kitchen-towel under it and a small smooth ice-akku in a towel under the palm over the HDD.
I need a larger desk and was even thinking about choosing a glass or aluminium table... :) instead of wooden.

Reactions: sorgo †

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
You will laugh, I even did this from time to time. a brick ice-akku with kitchen-towel under it and a small smooth ice-akku in a towel under the palm over the HDD.
I need a larger desk and was even thinking about choosing a glass or aluminium table... :) instead of wooden.
Bro' :), 'U should give that "Rain Design Alu Stand" a chance (or anything similar) - it's definitely cheaper than an new desk ... ;)

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
:) yeah, but when I am in for buying a new desk anyway, because I don't have enough space on my old...

Btw. the cooling is not that much of a topic that I would constantly seek a solution for, its just that I tend to think I could have it a bit better from time to time. I mean we don't have hot summers here a lot anyway, so it's ok. It's just scenarios in my mind.

edit: corrected my english "changed 'offer' to 'topic' and 'for a solution' to 'a solution for". Which changes the meaning of the sentence.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.