Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trosky19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Hey. Yesterday I was on my computer and all of a sudden my screen got all fuzzy and froze. I turned it off and turned it back on. It went back to normal but a few minutes later the screen got fuzzy again. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Its only a few years old. I have an Ibook with OS X Panther.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Trosky19 said:
Hey. Yesterday I was on my computer and all of a sudden my screen got all fuzzy and froze. I turned it off and turned it back on. It went back to normal but a few minutes later the screen got fuzzy again. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Its only a few years old. I have an Ibook with OS X Panther.

What kind of iBook? G3 or G4? If it is a G3, go to this page and see if the serial number matches the replacement program. This sounds like a logic board issue, and since you say its a few years old, I'm guessing its a G3. :(

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
same thing happened to me not to long ago (iBook G3 900mhz dual USB). It was the logic board. I took to the local store and there were able to start the replacment prosses for me. I suggest takign it to a apple store or calling apple.

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Two friends of mine just had that logic-board issue within 10 days of each other... I'd suggest you back up as fast as possible - smaller portions at a time seem best. And then you take it to a mac-doctor.

A

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.