Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
then how else could you explain my icloud contact list becoming empty overnight when I've done nothing...

The person you sold the phone to couldn't of done anything to your contacts. They can only delete them off of the phone they have, not remotely on the one you have now. I would either call the number already listed or retore from the January backup. It doesn't matter if you have a 4S and it's from a 4.

Only if you did not properly restore the phone and remove your iCloud account from it etc.....if you did not, you only have yourself to blame!

This is a good lesson in learning why you should back up and you should wipe your phone before selling it. I can only imagine it had to be something on your end and not your old phone. Had it been your old phone I think that you wold have seen the new owners contacts pop up. Only thing I can think is you turned of the contacts in icloud settings and then deleated them off the phone. If you haven't backed up to icloud since you lost your contacts you might be able to do a restore and get them back. But that would only work if you HAVEN'T BACKED UP TO ICLOUD SINCE YOU LOST YOUR CONTACTS. Good luck

doonladi

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Errr…I am sorry to hear your sad story, but I have find all my lost contacts months ago, my best helps me to do it, I will tell you later.
Wait!

Luoralok

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2015
Checked if you have made iCloud backup files before. If you are not sure, you can use iPhone Data Recovery to help you with that. Because once you logged in iCloud in this program, you can scan and download iCloud backup files and all data including contacts can be recovered and download on your Mac.
Step 1: Launch the program and sign in iCloud

Step 2: Download and extract iCloud backups

Step 3: Scan and preview and recover contacts on computer

It is very simple to restore contacts from iCloud. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.