Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Letmegomyownway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Hey guys and girls ,anyone used officialicloudunlock.co.uk before to remove iCloud locks? I'm waiting for mine to be done this week just hope I've not wasted my money

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
removing an icloud lock is illegal unless you are the real owner. and if you are the real owner then you should be going to Apple and not paying some third party to remove it. That is why the thread should be closed.

Letmegomyownway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
removing an icloud lock is illegal unless you are the real owner. and if you are the real owner then you should be going to Apple and not paying some third party to remove it. That is why the thread should be closed.

Well its my sisters old phone so yes it is now mine and yes already been in touch with apple who said they couldn't help reset it so I'm not left with many options

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Well than, did you provide that unlock service that you are a legitimate owner of that iPhone?

Letmegomyownway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
IF it is your sister, does she hate you and get the iCLoud lock off. She should be able to IF it is her phone

As i said its her old phone and since then she doesn't have an iPhone and at the time she created multiple accounts for some reason but as she was only 14 I guess she wasn't clued up.

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
20, spoke to them on the phone and they seem legit said they can take time but would refund if it failed.Time will tell , will update on here if the post doesn't get taken down

It won't work. It is not possible.

Hopefully they hold up their end of the deal in terms of a refund, for your sake.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Hey guys and girls ,anyone used officialicloudunlock.co.uk before to remove iCloud locks? I'm waiting for mine to be done this week just hope I've not wasted my money
Sorry to break it to you but that site is a scam site they will take your money and you get nothing, they have a long history on this site mostly promising regular unlocks they never deliver. However, as others have said there is no iCloud unlock.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
In case you didn't see my question, I will ask again....did you give any kind of proof, that the phone is yours?

Letmegomyownway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
In case you didn't see my question, I will ask again....did you give any kind of proof, that the phone is yours?
Didn't see your question sorry , the guy asked on the phone if it was mine to which i said yes as it is now
[doublepost=1453395865][/doublepost]
Sorry to break it to you but that site is a scam site they will take your money and you get nothing, they have a long history on this site mostly promising regular unlocks they never deliver. However, as others have said there is no iCloud unlock.

Really ?? i couldn't find anything about them apart from a few youtube posts about the service working and a few reviews online saying the same. have you got a link to the bad posts ?

Letmegomyownway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
There is no website that will unlock an activation lock no matter how much money you give them. Your friend is probably thinking of a carrier unlock and not activation lock, or he's just really misinformed.

No i know what it is and so does he, he bought a phone on ebay which was iCloud locked. Carrier unlocking is totally different you're right

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
No i know what it is and so does he, he bought a phone on ebay which was iCloud locked. Carrier unlocking is totally different you're right

Before you waste anymore of your time and/or money I assure you wholeheartedly you will not get it iCloud unlocked.

The company I work for has a department that works direct with Apple. The only way you are getting iCloud Activation Lock removed is if it's a corporate owned phone , you can provide proof it's a corporate owned phone and if proof of purchase can be provided. Even then their success rate at getting it removed is not 100%.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
nope cant be done. and i think he is just bluffing. if it belongs to his sister, he can find the original receipt of the phone and take it to Apple.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The world is also flat oh no wait people got that one wrong

You're new here, so it's forgivable, but just so you know this has come up hundreds of times and never - not once - were any claims of this being done ever proven.

All of the evidence shows that it is not possible, no matter how many sites claim they can bypass Activation Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.