Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Man, tough question...

It is.

I finally decided on the Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6

13_27005.gif

The main reason is because this lens is virtually unobtainable, and rumors are that they're phenominally expensive (rumors of $100K++).

As such, my thoughts are that I could eventually afford any other Canon lens in their inventory (if by no other means than to rent this one out occassionally), but I'd never otherwise have a chance to get to this one....

-hh

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
That is a lovely lens, but very expensive too.

She is an expensive beast but as with everything else, you get what you pay for. There's nothing last really fast primes!

It is.

I finally decided on the Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6

13_27005.gif

The main reason is because this lens is virtually unobtainable, and rumors are that they're phenominally expensive (rumors of $100K++).

As such, my thoughts are that I could eventually afford any other Canon lens in their inventory (if by no other means than to rent this one out occassionally), but I'd never otherwise have a chance to get to this one....

-hh

Haha, nice. I think Sports Illustrated has two or three of those things. A friend of mine just got a 300 f/2.8 IS, and I've been wanting to try it out.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Even though I shoot Nikon, I have shot Canon on occasion and wish Nikon had the lens selection that Canon does.

I'd have to pick one of 2 lenses, the 85 1.2 or the 200 1.8. For sports they are awesome. Especially in low light conditions. I'd probably go with the 85 1.2 only because I could use it for so many more sporting events. Wouldn't be able to get all the great shots but i'm sure i could find a way to get what i needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.