Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaocaholica

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2010
My iMac Pro has a bent stand. I can live with it but just curious to know how much it costs to just get the part. I see one on eBay for about $250 after shipping and taxes (US) and another one from the UK for a little less. Does anyone know how much Apple charges for that part and if its at all possible to order from Apple through their repair program? It's not on their repair website but maybe still possible to order through the right channels? Or how much Apple would charge for parts and labor?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
I don't know the answer to your question but option B: Consider buying the iMac Pro VESA mount and then you can use just about any stand (all those not branded Apple will likely cost much less and most will give you many adjustment options).

If you happen to have a wall behind your desk, VESA can create the illusion of the floating iMac Pro, with no visible stand base at all from the front (a nice place to tuck a keyboard + mouse under there when finished, where they may otherwise bump into the base of the standard stand).

Last edited:

shaocaholica

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Well I went to the Apple store to get a proper quote on the stand replacement for the iMac Pro. It's $90 for the stand and $100 for labor. They won't sell me the stand by it self and wouldn't help me find an authorized place that would (which I expected).

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 2.39.11 PM.png

edit: wait the iMac Pro stand IS user swappable with the vesa adapter and $100 labor is actually wrong for the amount of work that requires. They should be able to sell the stand to end users if they also sell the vesa adapter.

edit2:
So I went back to Apple Store since I also needed to order a replacement 'black' power cable. Was only $11 for the cable. Cheaper than any 3rd party seller.

Anyway I showed them the stand is user replaceable and the lead tech there waived the $99 labor fee. They also said I could just come and get the stand but I need to give them the old stand as a core. I guess that's how Apple keeps surplus parts off the repair market.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.